What's new

[Experiment] Infused cigars stored with traditional cigars

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Its funny the last place I expected to find trolls would be on a cigar forum but apparently they exist every where.
Joe, I'm sorry you think I'm a troll. When some of us don't immediately take the result of your brief, one-time experiment as the Gospel truth, you dismiss our experiences, as if they have no merit. So I turn to humor, to keep it light since anything I say about my real life experiences of 30+ years of cigar smoking will simply be dismissed once again. You just take yourself way too seriously for me to as well. ;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Now Gurkha is a whole other story, I'd never leave a Gurkha in my humidor to fraternize with my other cigars.
Hahaha, I think there's at least one Padron, and some other ok ones. I mean, I sure wouldn't put them in Lucy... But it'd be nice to get the objective opinion of someone who wasn't totally offput by infused aromas..

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Hahaha, I think there's at least one Padron, and some other ok ones. I mean, I sure wouldn't put them in Lucy... But it'd be nice to get the objective opinion of someone who wasn't totally offput by infused aromas..
Don't tell anyone but there is actually a few Gurkha I like I honestly haven't tried many though.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Yeah you guys are freaking hilarious! I went out of my way here to type up and perform an experiment and share my results and you guys just pretend to be complete know it alls when no one else has done a single experiment of their own to prove me wrong besides talking about some friends humidor. I really thought this was going to be a great forum to share experiences on and discuss cigars like gentleman but clearly I signed up for the wrong forum. I wish this forum had the function some others do that allow you to simply ignore people so that you can have a nice forum experience without reading inane and annoying replies from trolls. I think I'll be in search of another forum to be a member of good day gentlemen.
Unfortunate. Some of the biggest complaints of forums everywhere are people not posting and things being dead, so the effort at starting a topic is appreciated, at least by me. Likely at least a few others as well.
Something to consider: As a counterpoint to your statement above about expectations, a forum where (hopefully) adult (mostly) males come to talk and B.S. about things like cigars, whisk(e)y, guns, and similar topics is a place where I'd expect to bring some thick skin. Especially if starting a thread challenging conventional wisdom, or on a contentious issue. Go to a gun forum and start a scientific thread about trying to determine if Sigs are more or less durable than Glocks. Stop by a Scotch forum and tell them you're running an experiment to determine if peat can be replaced with quinoa. Even with the very best intentions, see how it goes in the comment section.
The guys here are pretty chill, overall. Most other forums I've seen this would have gone no different, or possibly (as @Glassman noted), much worse.
Just "thinking out loud". Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah you guys are freaking hilarious! I went out of my way here to type up and perform an experiment and share my results and you guys just pretend to be complete know it alls when no one else has done a single experiment of their own to prove me wrong besides talking about some friends humidor. I really thought this was going to be a great forum to share experiences on and discuss cigars like gentleman but clearly I signed up for the wrong forum. I wish this forum had the function some others do that allow you to simply ignore people so that you can have a nice forum experience without reading inane and annoying replies from trolls. I think I'll be in search of another forum to be a member of good day gentlemen.
What cigar did you smoke today?