What's new

Fake Cohiba I'm pretty sure

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A buddy of mine on vacation in Florida posted a pic to his FB page...he thanked his daughter for getting him this stogie. I Pm'd him and told him I'm about 99.9% sure it's a fake. The tell for me was the squares cut off in the middle at the top. I'm fairly new to Habano's but not to cigars so I have studied the info here and elsewhere so that I can recognize the real Cubans better and better. This one IMMEDIATELY tripped my radar... Wanted to ensure I'm correct... So what are your judgements Brothers and Sisters??

IMG_1027.JPG

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I really appreciate it fellas!! I was as sure as I could be that it was but wanted informed confirmation. (y)

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is why I PM'd him (PRIVATE message) versus posted it on his page. I have known him all my life, I also know his daughter and know that she doesn't have a lot of money to throw around for expensive cigars. (Her youngest son just had a traumatic brain injury...he is better now, but she couldn't work for many months while taking care of that 3 year old in the hospital and later at home during rehab). So, while I appreciate your half assed attempt to try and shame me or whatever, I contacted him privately about it in order to keep her from spending more hard earned money on fakes. Sometimes it's better to simply not reply at all, especially when you make a "know it all" remark....because you just really put your foot in your mouth Mr. Know It All...

Sorry folks but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Piss off jackass
It's not very nice to refer to a brother who has been active member of the community for four years, and has done a lot for others as a "jackass". @Xavier Dredo is a good brother, and has been very helpful and generous to others. Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to judge someone. He was making a valid point...that you shouldn't ruin a gift someone got from their daughter. I am sure you were trying to be helpful to your friend, but some times you're better off letting someone be happy with the knowledge that their daughter got them a great gift. Lets move on, and not resort to "name-calling" as I don't think it was his intent to be mean. Some times when someone is kidding another brother it gets taken the wrong way. We tend to poke and kid each other a lot on this forum, and best not to get your feelings hurt.

Old Soldier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand, but he should've done nothing but mind his business. He didn't understand the situation, didn't ask and just made a smartass comment. Good guy or not, how long he's been here or not, I don't care... If he wanted to take me to task for it he could've done it via PM like I did with my friend to try and make sure his daughter didn't waste any more money. They're good friends and don't have a lot so I was trying to take care of them. BUT since he decided to pop off outright, I returned the favor. So if you got your feelers hurt for all that then that's on you brother. Don't like the way I handled it? Tough. I didn't like the way he flapped his mouth and stuck his nose in business where it didn't belonf...he ASSumed something that wasn't and I set him straight about it.
I said my piece, it's done as far as I'm concerned and I'll leave it be from here. Hopefully lesson learned. Out.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Understand, but he should've done nothing but mind his business. He didn't understand the situation, didn't ask and just made a smartass comment. Good guy or not, how long he's been here or not, I don't care... If he wanted to take me to task for it he could've done it via PM like I did with my friend to try and make sure his daughter didn't waste any more money. They're good friends and don't have a lot so I was trying to take care of them. BUT since he decided to pop off outright, I returned the favor. So if you got your feelers hurt for all that then that's on you brother. Don't like the way I handled it? Tough. I didn't like the way he flapped his mouth and stuck his nose in business where it didn't belonf...he ASSumed something that wasn't and I set him straight about it.
I said my piece, it's done as far as I'm concerned and I'll leave it be from here. Hopefully lesson learned. Out.
Your post is not very "brotherly". If you feel he was being a "jackass" you would be better served to PM him rather than calling him out publicly. Also, by posting a thread asking about if the cigar was real or not, you opened it up to a public discussion. Please reconsider how you will treat other brothers in the future. If you're going to resort to name-calling or being hostile than perhaps BOTL is not the right forum for you. Ask yourself why you joined BOTL. Remember the B stands for "brothers". We're all brothers here, and sometimes we even have sisters like @squaresoft. We can give each other crap every once in awhile (sometimes more often than that), but we should always be respectful of one another as this is a lage family.