What's new

Fake Cohiba I'm pretty sure

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Came for the fake Cohiba, stayed for the relentless needles. Sisters, lol.

@Old Soldier You did the right thing man, Xavier is right though about people being told about their fakes. I had that experience once with a very close friend who bought a medium sized U-Haul box full of fake Bolivars, Montes and Hoyos (Honduran tobacco) My good friend who travels frequently all over the world for business and smokes CC at various La Casas didnt say a thing as he happily puffed away and conversed. I tried to muscle through it but couldnt handle it, lasted about 10 min and couldnt get the taste out of my mouth for a week, not exaggerating. I told my buddy the next day so he didnt buy any more, I also gifted him a sampler of 20 aged CCs with my usual list of dates and sources. He happily accepted. Later that day we were golfing and someone offered me a Padron, he quickly jumped in "probably not good enough for Ucce"...hahaha. A good needle but you could tell he wasnt happy about being made aware of his fakes. So I defended and told him I didnt want him to be perpetually scammed and asked my buddy who travels how he didnt know they were fakes. He said "I knew", he just didnt want to say anything.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
My feelings aren't hurt, I've been called a lot worse than a jackass before!

And apologies to the OP for getting his knickers in such a twist with my snarky comment. All I know is even if my wife or daughter handed me a box of Cohibas with a glass top from Cancun, I'd give her a hug and thank her for such a thoughtful gift. I wouldn't point out the 4 dots across the top of the label and the un pierced C in Cuba.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I would have let the dude enjoy the thoughtful gift from his daughter and not show off my massive knowledge. Most folks dislike know-it-alls...
I agree. Let him get the placebo effect. It kinda diminishes the gift knowing he smoked a phony Cohiba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It's implied in my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok, still makes no sense.

Either way, he sent a private message to his buddy warning him about the authenticity of the cigar. Then he came here for verification.

He didn't come to ask people's thoughts regarding his decision to send a private message to his buddy.

Yalll gotta chilllllllllllll

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
My feelings aren't hurt, I've been called a lot worse than a jackass before!

And apologies to the OP for getting his knickers in such a twist with my snarky comment. All I know is even if my wife or daughter handed me a box of Cohibas with a glass top from Cancun, I'd give her a hug and thank her for such a thoughtful gift. I wouldn't point out the 4 dots across the top of the label and the un pierced C in Cuba.
Had a similar discussion a few months back and I think this is the route I would take. My father in law and his brother brought me a "cohiba" from the islands and it seemed to be fake. Push comes to shove, don't think it was worth it for me to tell him. It smoked fine....I guess it depends on the relationship though.