What's new

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Still got some room left in a couple of my trays but I'm working on it!!! It's nice having the extra room.

Sure hope this thread helps out a new BOTL in working on their new Wineador and maybe will push you over the edge to make the move to this cost effective unit and may inexpensive route on building my unit.

Let me know if I can help you with your build or if you have ANY questions whatsoever I would be more than happy to help!!!

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I think my Christmas present to myself just may be some new drawers from Forrest.

Anyone interested in some trays?

Last edited:

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow great looking build. Really nice looking set up, but more importantly than the looks, it seems like it will be a great storage unit for you to keep your smoke. Well done. Down the road I may need to attempt something like this, thanks for the in depth steps.

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Wow great looking build. Really nice looking set up, but more importantly than the looks, it seems like it will be a great storage unit for you to keep your smoke. Well done. Down the road I may need to attempt something like this, thanks for the in depth steps.
Not a problem brother! My main goal in documenting my build with details and pictures was to just hopefully help out a future BOTL looking to make the move to a wineador! These are the best looking and most cost effective units on the market right now and a great buy for a BOTL looking to go this way.

Thanks for the compliment brother.... I think I did a good job for my first go round. :ccool:

Very nice.
Thanks brother.... I appriciate it! :cbig:

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks for the great info - do your temp controls allow you to maintain 72 degrees even if it's colder in your house? Up here in the PNW my humis read 59F in dead of winter and while there's nothing totally wrong with it I'd prefer my smokes to not miss out on any aging in winter months.

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I turn the cooler off in the winter months as the ambient temp where my cooler is located is around 66-67 degrees. My cooler sticks at around 64-65 at all times in that case.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The first thread I've subscribed to! An outstanding job, and when I'm at the point to do it, I intend on copying what you've done exactly. :smokingco

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
The first thread I've subscribed to! An outstanding job, and when I'm at the point to do it, I intend on copying what you've done exactly. :smokingco
Glad to know my thread will help you in your future build brother!

Let me know if I can help in anyway when you get around to taking the plunge.

By the way brother ... what area of Cen-Cal are you from?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad to know my thread will help you in your future build brother!

Let me know if I can help in anyway when you get around to taking the plunge.

By the way brother ... what area of Cen-Cal are you from?

I'm on the coast ... think Pismo Beach, but south. Think Santa Barbara, but north. Vandenberg AFB puts me about 8 miles away.

My Wineador plan on hold for a while, but eventually ...
:smokingco

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
2 questions:
What'd you do to get the front "cover" off of the oust fans?

Did you ever get the drawers from forest, I'm about to pull the trigger on some of those trays, but if you have some you are getting rid of...?

Great build man!

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
2 questions:
What'd you do to get the front "cover" off of the oust fans?

Did you ever get the drawers from forest, I'm about to pull the trigger on some of those trays, but if you have some you are getting rid of...?

Great build man!
As far as the Oust fan ... Scissors! ... A lot of guys were taking them apart and having to rubberband the bottom part that holds the battery to open up the fan section.
I just took a hefty pair of scissors and started from the bottom edge and started cutting. It wasn't hard at all and looks so much better then removing the front and banding the bottom.

And as far as the Drawers go no I haven't ordered them yet but I am Sooooo close to pulling the trigger. I will for sure be selling everything I have in the unit (all the trays with handles and the new trays I have added to the back). to make more room behind the trays I also bought these trays for overflow since there was more room behind the cedar trays to fit something for more storage (I only used the bottom back of the cooler for a bag of humidification and also a bag in the 3rd from the top shelf behind the tray ... So i have 5 of these clear overflow trays as well). They work great and fit right into the wire shelves and hold perfect and dont slide around.

Here is what I'm talking about........

I will be selling all of the Spanish cedars trays with handles and all plus the 5 clear trays for overflow when I do post them.

Don't get me wrong this way I set this up works PERFECT ... and the most cost effective of doing this but Forrest is making such sweet looking set-ups now I just can't help myself and I have to bite soon ... if it wasnt for that I would roll with this set-up forever as it hold hundreds of smokes easy.

If anyone has any questions about anything on this unit or my new pics let me know, I would glad to help out and answer any questions for ya! :thumbsup:

Last edited: