What's new

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Nice build :thumbsup:. What's your capacity?

Dan
I am wondering that as well...
With the added clear trays in the back of the SC trays the new capacity is around 425-475 sticks (depending on size and Rg but no way it can't fit 400+).

For the price I paid for the SC trays and plastic ones the capacity can't be beat when on a budget. Don;t get me wrong I would love to get a Wineador shelving set-up but I have yet found a way to justify it yet.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
For the price I paid for the SC trays and plastic ones the capacity can't be beat when on a budget. Don;t get me wrong I would love to get a Wineador shelving set-up but I have yet found a way to justify it yet.
That's understandable. And it looks pretty snazzy the way it is. How much room is behind the shelves currently? Enough for say a box of Robustos??

Dan

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
That's understandable. And it looks pretty snazzy the way it is. How much room is behind the shelves currently? Enough for say a box of Robustos??

Dan
No not enough for a box of sticks but there was enough for another set of shallow trays (see a previous picture that shows this)

Very nice job bro...Love the decal finish as well! :applause:
Thanks so much brother! :)

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I really like the idea of the beads and/or plastic trays at the back of the shelves!
I was a bit disappointed when I decided to use these trays because I thought I'd be losing a lot of space, but I will enjoy being able to utilize the bottom for even more storage.
Thanks for an awesome thread, This helped me out tremendously!!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Great Job! My NewAir AW-280E just showed up yesterday and I have shelves on order with Forest. I also ordered two of the Xikar rectangular hygrometers, they look bad ass! The only thing that's left it to figure out my method of humidification. I am extremely on the fence between Kitty Litter, Electronic Humidification Device, and Beads (and if I do beads whether to do HCM or HeartFelt).

I'm curious; how long did it take to 'season' the cooler up to the proper humidity?

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Bump .... just wanted to keep to bring this thread back up in case some new BOTL may find that it could come in handy when creating their own Wineador.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good looking setup! I am having problems getting the plastic smell out of mine still. 3 wash downs with distilled vinegar, 2 rounds of newspaper and activated charcoal and still the plastic smell remains!

It'e orderless right after but once I close to the door for an hour or 2 and reopen it...I can still smell it. Same thing happened when I thought I had it out and starting seasoning my shelving, left it over night and while I did smell ceder I also smelled something odd, not quite plastic but still something weird. I know it won't smell exactly like a true wooden humi but still. Any advice?
This?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question above...are the trays secured to the shelves? If so, how? Also, are you still running the oust fan and where did you end up placing it? Thanks...