What's new

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have decided this is the wine fridge I will be getting when I do my build this summer. The non temp control humidor just isn't cutting it in the 100+ degree summers with no A/C. Thank you for the very deep and quality write up! Will be reading this thread more in depth when the time comes.

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Where exactly did you get the clear trays at?
Orchard Hardware and Supply

I have decided this is the wine fridge I will be getting when I do my build this summer. The non temp control humidor just isn't cutting it in the 100+ degree summers with no A/C. Thank you for the very deep and quality write up! Will be reading this thread more in depth when the time comes.
Ya that the main reason I went the wine cooler route ... these California valley summers are way to much to not have a controlled environment for these expensive sticks.

Glad it helped and let me know if I can help further down the road when you start your build.

I was just reading your thread.

Very nice.

So what is your new capacity and what was your $ all in?
New capacity is around 425-475 sticks (depending on size and Rg). Total spent was about $450 for everything (that includes cooler, 7 SC trays, handles, 2 digital hygros, 5 clear trays, 2 Oust fans, tub of KL and media bags)

Now the sticks to fill it up .... Mmmmmm not so cheap! :-//

Last edited:

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ya that the main reason I went the wine cooler route ... these California valley summers are way to much to not have a controlled environment for these expensive sticks.

Glad it helped and let me know if I can help further down the road when you start your build.
Will do, I am sure there will be more questions around May or so when I get this project rolling. The nice thing is I live about 30 miles from GolfNut so the drawers wont have a shipping cost and I have an excuse to have a cigar or two with a great brother:chat:

How well do the blue lights actually illuminate the fridge? The stock photo shows bright blue but your pictures are drastically less vivid.

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Well I am finally done tinkering with my cooler and it's fairly full and ready for the year of smoking.

Here is the final product of my work and my stash

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Wow quite that stash! See you decided to stay with the trays instead of drawers. Looks great!
Spent to much money buying cigars and I couldn't break down for any drawers just yet.

Now that I am full and need more space .... the next thing will be the drawers though.

Forrest is now having a "Deals" section on his website so I am hoping a full 6 drawer deal will come up soon ...if so It will be a done deal.

But the trays have worked AMAZING so far and really if I didn't want a little room I would stay with these forever.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking setup! I am having problems getting the plastic smell out of mine still. 3 wash downs with distilled vinegar, 2 rounds of newspaper and activated charcoal and still the plastic smell remains!

It'e orderless right after but once I close to the door for an hour or 2 and reopen it...I can still smell it. Same thing happened when I thought I had it out and starting seasoning my shelving, left it over night and while I did smell ceder I also smelled something odd, not quite plastic but still something weird. I know it won't smell exactly like a true wooden humi but still. Any advice?

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
For starters, like I think the OP said, it's plastic so there's always gonna be a slight plastic smell, that's the nature of the beast. But you certainly don't want it to be an over powering odor not do you want it to be absorbed by smokes and shelving. Try leaving some baking soda in there for a bit. Also a very little bleach with a mild soap and water solution and the let it sit with the door open for a while.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Don't want to jack Falconman's thread, but I also did the newspaper and vinegar part too. I also had a cup of vinegar in the thing for a week, another week of baking soda in a large dish with some distilled water in it to keep it a bit moist for just over a week, then stuck empty boxes and cardboard cigar boxes as well for over a week as well.
I wiped down the interior, siliconed any electrical holes and other openings first. After that is when I added the vinegar and put a fan in there with the door cracked a bit to help move air in and out for a week. It all seemed to work out. Keep trying.