What's new

Favorite Craft Beers?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Everything but IPAs really. I try IPAs occasionally, but have yet to have one that I'm a fan of
Green Flash is a Virginia Brewery, does some solid stuff. I always try and support the local guys too when I can. What I drink is usually based on the seasons, so:

Summer/Spring: Hefeweizen / Kolsch / Blonde / Berliner Weisse / Saison / Lambic & Gueuze
Fall: Brown Ales / Oktoberfest - Marzen / Porters / Pumpkin
Winter: Porters / Stouts / Barleywines / Old Ales

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Green Flash is a Virginia Brewery, does some solid stuff. I always try and support the local guys too when I can. What I drink is usually based on the seasons, so:

Summer/Spring: Hefeweizen / Kolsch / Blonde / Berliner Weisse / Saison / Lambic & Gueuze
Fall: Brown Ales / Oktoberfest - Marzen / Porters / Pumpkin
Winter: Porters / Stouts / Barleywines / Old Ales
I can identify with everything you just said. I've not tried Green Flash, but they're on my list now. Thank you for pointing them out.
I'm somewhat seasonal on my habits as well, but I can also take a mood where I'm wanting a particular type.
Whenever Oktoberfest is released I always get a 12 pack of bottles. It's my favorite fall beer. Sam Adams Summer Ale and Leinenkugel Summer Shandy are tied for my favorite Summer beers.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I can identify with everything you just said. I've not tried Green Flash, but they're on my list now. Thank you for pointing them out.
I'm somewhat seasonal on my habits as well, but I can also take a mood where I'm wanting a particular type.
Whenever Oktoberfest is released I always get a 12 pack of bottles. It's my favorite fall beer. Sam Adams Summer Ale and Leinenkugel Summer Shandy are tied for my favorite Summer beers.
since we are getting into fall here, check out different breweries' Oktoberfest (also called Marzen). And never be afraid to drink those imports in the same style - they basically created the style anyways

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
since we are getting into fall here, check out different breweries' Oktoberfest (also called Marzen). And never be afraid to drink those imports in the same style - they basically created the style anyways
I try to sample things like that by doing a pick six or create your own six pack that most stores around here have. Are there any specific Oktoberfests that you enjoy?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I try to sample things like that by doing a pick six or create your own six pack that most stores around here have. Are there any specific Oktoberfests that you enjoy?
The best 2 domestics that I get are Revolution Oktoberfest (Chicago) & New Glarus Staghorn (Wisconsin). Nobody does german styles like new glarus does

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm not much of an IPA guy either, so I've not tried any of the Dogfish Head beers. Are they worth trying, in your opinion?
Yes, definitely. Their brown ipa is excellent and palatable for non hop heads. For the rest of their lines, it seems like their choices of hops, and the way they integrate them (dry hopping mostly I think) really let's you get the most of the hop flavors without the overwhelming bitterness you come to expect. It seems that people who drink a lot of hop heavy brews begin to develop a tolerence to it, so brewers continue to increase it. Dogfish seems to have kept the balance and not gone that far. Mho ymmv.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, definitely. Their brown ipa is excellent and palatable for non hop heads. For the rest of their lines, it seems like their choices of hops, and the way they integrate them (dry hopping mostly I think) really let's you get the most of the hop flavors without the overwhelming bitterness you come to expect. It seems that people who drink a lot of hop heavy brews begin to develop a tolerence to it, so brewers continue to increase it. Dogfish seems to have kept the balance and not gone that far. Mho ymmv.
I'll give one or two of them a try and see how they go. I'm definitely not a hop head, I find IPA and hop heavy beers to be much too bitter for my taste. Thanks for the input though, I'll try a couple!