What's new

Favorite Illusione Epernay vitola?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, tried my first Illusione Epernay "Le Elegance" last night. I really loved this one. Are ALL the sizes in the Epernay line similar in flavor profile or are they somewhat different. I must say, the Le Elegance size was awesome!

Anyone have any feedback on other vitolas?

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
For the Epernay, i think the Le Elegance is the vitola to stick to. Not my favorite Illusione, but still a good one. My favorites are still a toss up between the 88 and 888.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For the Epernay, i think the Le Elegance is the vitola to stick to. Not my favorite Illusione, but still a good one. My favorites are still a toss up between the 88 and 888.
Are the 88 and 888 spicier or fuller bodied? I was just surprised because I usually stick with fuller bodied cigars. I smoke a lot of Patel Edge Corojo Toros for my morning to daytime everyday smoke (almost all CT shades I've tried never do it for me). I've been trying to find something with enough "flavor" to keep me interested and this one may be a contender.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is the Illusione ECCJ still available? If not, let's keep it to ones that I can actually BUY and SMOKE! :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Are the 88 and 888 spicier or fuller bodied? I was just surprised because I usually stick with fuller bodied cigars. I smoke a lot of Patel Edge Corojo Toros for my morning to daytime everyday smoke (almost all CT shades I've tried never do it for me). I've been trying to find something with enough "flavor" to keep me interested and this one may be a contender.
I don't know if I would go with "spicier", but definitely more full-bodied. I get a lot of real rich tobacco and a really nice raisin (some might say cherry) flavor from those, as well as a nice sweet kind of caramel flavor. The Epernay, for me is in the low range of medium, with a nice lighter finish. The 88, again for me, is in the higher range of medium, with a really nice mouth feel and a nice long, very satisfying finish. Pick up an 88 or two and try them....sounds like they could be right up your alley.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I think some of you need to read the title of the thread lol... Epernay Vitola...

Le Elegance is my favorite.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Ok, tried my first Illusione Epernay "Le Elegance" last night. I really loved this one. Are ALL the sizes in the Epernay line similar in flavor profile or are they somewhat different. I must say, the Le Elegance size was awesome!

Anyone have any feedback on other vitolas?
To answer your question, I enjoy all of the Epernay's. The Le Petite's (4.5x44) are good, but by the time you're starting to really enjoy it, the cigar is about ready to be put down, IMO. That said, I do like the Le Grande's the most, as this is one cigar I could easily sit down and smoke for 1.5-2 hours and not get tired of the flavors.

I just picked up a boxed press, so we'll see if those are any different.

Regards,
Randy

Last edited:

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Incredible cigar, Le Elegance is my vitola of choice. One of my favorite NC cigars. There isnt a single Illusione cigar I dont enjoy.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I think some of you need to read the title of the thread lol... Epernay Vitola...

Le Elegance is my favorite.
Look Doc, comments like that will get you coal in your stocking tonight! :grin:

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a cab of the legrande about a year ago. Wonderful complex flavors that are different than many of the cigars in my regular rotation.