What's new

Favorites (Brand, Store, Stick)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks! Nice! I joined the NYC cigars group here but seems to now be defunct. Always looking for new smoking buddies.
I like AJ and Cao. Don’t think I’ve heard of the others, so I’ll have to check them out. Any particular sticks you recommend for starters?
Oh and what’s sbc? Do you normally wait for deals on Atlantic, or are you one of their VIPs? I was looking at potentially using them for some Caldwell Anastasias.
Well, most of those are specific sticks. La Riqueza and cabaiguan are tatuaje products. As is L'atelier, which has several lines, all of which have been good to me so far.
SBC is "small batch cigar" site sponsor and best place for boutiques, sign up for their emails.
At Atlantic, I'm Vip, which is worth it. But their regular prices are better than most places on the things I get from them.
@CVAC085 can introduce you to the other NYC brothers I think.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Hahaha yeah I remember my fiancé and I were looking at mortgages on houses around Durham before we moved and they were around $500-600/mo so it’s definitely been an adjustment... especially considering we make essentially the same. Are you from NC originally? Do you like it in Jacksonville? I’ve only passed through it but don’t think I ever really stopped or did much.
It’s nice, I’ve always enjoyed living close to the coast.

Wife is stationed here now, who knows how long we will remain here. Hopefully she gets orders to Japan next tho. I’d love to go eat ramen everyday

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would look into the cornilious and Anthony line. The cornilious is really good, so is the aerial and Venganza. It is a new brand, only a few years old but that have been in the tobacco business for over 100 years. Every cigar I’ve smoked from them has delivered.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honestly NYC has some of the best Resturants in the USA, when else can you get a Pastrami, or Jewish Rye and the guy doing the slicing has been at his trade 20 years. Most of their unique place have staff that have been with them for years. It all about quality, quanity, consistency, and fair price.

You do not find that a red lobster, Applebee's, or the other chain were they most reheats fronen stuff they call food.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brands
Punch
Padron
Perdomo
Fuentes
Ashton
La aroma De Cuba
Bahia maduro

Stores
Famous
Holts
Tobacco pipes
Smoking pipes
Cigars and pipes
The only reason I add thirst one is for the Bahia maduro- cigars international otherwise I advise against them in all ways
Some of these are for pipe tobacco too.

Sticks
Any of the above listed ones in the brands list. Yes there are mediocre ones in some of those brands but there are also mind melding ones as well and each has a place and time.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I don't know what locale you believe eclipses NYC in terms of restaurants. Brooklyn style pizza is meh, but there are plenty of places in NYC to get excellent pizza of other styles.
I’m sure any other big cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Phoenix etc can match their quality of restaurants any day. Michelin Star restaurants are found all over the US

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sure any other big cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Phoenix etc can match their quality of restaurants any day. Michelin Star restaurants are found all over the US
LA approaches the level of quality and variety of NYC, but certainly doesn't surpass it. SD, Seattle, and Phoenix don't even come close. San Francisco is pretty impressive given its size, but still not at the level of NYC. Queens alone has more diversity of cuisines than any city in the world.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
LA approaches the level of quality and variety of NYC, but certainly doesn't surpass it. SD, Seattle, and Phoenix don't even come close. San Francisco is pretty impressive given its size, but still not at the level of NYC. Queens alone has more diversity of cuisines than any city in the world.
Wait so is it diversity or quality that you say makes it the best?

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I feel like every area has its “cuisine” - here in SoCal, they have a pretty good food scene. Lots of good Mexican / Central American food, but I’ve yet to find good sushi.

Hawaii kills the game on Asian food, sushi included.

New York probably offers the widest variety of options that are all well above average, but I feel like it’s hard to point a finger and say “this is the best state, period.”

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I feel like every area has its “cuisine” - here in SoCal, they have a pretty good food scene. Lots of good Mexican / Central American food, but I’ve yet to find good sushi.

Hawaii kills the game on Asian food, sushi included.

New York probably offers the widest variety of options that are all well above average, but I feel like it’s hard to point a finger and say “this is the best state, period.”
well said :)