What's new

Favorites (Brand, Store, Stick)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You gotta go down to San Diego ... maybe even Chula Vista which is right on the border. Some solid places to eat there.
My wife’s parents immigrated here about 30 years ago from Mexico. It is hard for me to eat Mexican food from a restaurant now. Almost all bland crap using poor cuts of low grade meat. Im in the Bay Area which has lots of Mexican and Central American eateries. I remember when I used to think they were good.

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, most of those are specific sticks. La Riqueza and cabaiguan are tatuaje products. As is L'atelier, which has several lines, all of which have been good to me so far.
SBC is "small batch cigar" site sponsor and best place for boutiques, sign up for their emails.
At Atlantic, I'm Vip, which is worth it. But their regular prices are better than most places on the things I get from them.
@CVAC085 can introduce you to the other NYC brothers I think.
Good call!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Cali burritos aren’t the same across California. What you get in SD is different from a Cali burrito in the greater LA area, and I’m sure is different in the Bay Area, as crazy as that sounds.

Was just in LA; I wasn’t on a foodie trip but the hole in the wall I ended up at in Chinatown was pretty damn good.

And for those of you on the East Coast, if you don’t know about In-N-Out, I feel sorry for you. LOL

But on a serious note, the best street tacos and TJ style Mexican food in the US is in San Diego. Tacos El Gordo is great but TJ Tacos in Escondido is my jam.

In Hawaii, the Best Korean food short of my moms comes out of Palama Market. And the freshest sushi / poke bowls all over the island.

I will admit I enjoyed NYC pizza more than most places. But I feel like NYC can’t BBQ like Texas. And the clam chowder and lobster rolls in Boston can’t be imitated elsewhere.

Again, different strokes for different folks. And different food is better in different areas.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've had great food all over the country and each area has it's place. However, the street vendors in NYC serve as good food as most B&M restaurants across the country. Just one mans opinion.
Tonight I'll be enjoying a lasagna pizza from Patzeria's that was brought back from NYC yesterday.........

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
When I was in my young teens I use to spend ever summer in Far Rockaway, Queens, NY. We had a board walk that had all sort of food stand where you could get Pizza by the slice, read Itallian ices that were the texture of mink fur, Kinshasa's, Bagels, and the food was all cheap.

We had Rockaway Playland with a read deal wooden roll-a-coaster, and it was just a great place to go all summer. The beach was right there, it was like our own little Disneyland only cheaper.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I live in queens ny and I hate it here. To many people I personally prefer the country where it’s quieter. It’s not how it used to be. Taking the subways is a disaster I pay 2.75 for a ride and half the cars have homeless people on them, wasn’t this bad a few years back. Not to mention that the rent and taxes are sky high. For a decent apartment in a good neighborhood you are looking at atleast 1400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I live in queens ny and I hate it here. To many people I personally prefer the country where it’s quieter. It’s not how it used to be. Taking the subways is a disaster I pay 2.75 for a ride and half the cars have homeless people on them, wasn’t this bad a few years back. Not to mention that the rent and taxes are sky high. For a decent apartment in a good neighborhood you are looking at atleast 1400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn and @SurfnSafari said new york had the best public transportation....

Also, when i was there for a few cruises i never used the subway. The smell alone was awful and i walked back up to the street and caught an uber

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Favorites?

Store: Smallbatch generally
Sticks: Warped / Dunbarton

I like quite a few others and I've only been into the hobby for ~2 years and I have nowhere near the collection a lot of you do :) But I find that as long as I pay attention to what I'm getting, its very likely I'm going to enjoy whatever stick is on hand!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hahaha, technically it’s a studio-size 1BR. They often get down to 100-200! And I share it with my fiancé too (don’t ask how she feels about all of the cigars). It’s $2650/mo! :’(
To put it in perspective as to how that sounds to me, we bought a 10 year old 1400 sq ft 3br house for $68K 7 years ago. That's 25 months of your rent, so I am sure you can see how extreme that sounds to us midlanders.

But what makes us all happy differs.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
To put it in perspective as to how that sounds to me, we bought a 10 year old 1400 sq ft 3br house for $68K 7 years ago. That's 25 months of your rent, so I am sure you can see how extreme that sounds to us midlanders.

But what makes us all happy differs.
Yeah I've got some family in Los Angeles who live in Korea Town which is really nice. They are barely able to pay the lease and bills but they wouldn't leave that place no matter what. They love living in the city. Its crazy.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Damn and @SurfnSafari said new york had the best public transportation....

Also, when i was there for a few cruises i never used the subway. The smell alone was awful and i walked back up to the street and caught an uber

Best because you do not need a car. They have taxis, uber, subway, bus, the "L on Long Island, many way to great around. Last walking, or bicycle.