What's new

Finally Pulled The Trigger

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FMI, what are the yields of the leaf bundles after rolling compared to just buying cigars? Is it a cheap way to smoke?

Obviously you guys are not home rolling because you're too cheap to buy cigars (I don't think?), but I was wondering about the economics.

Thanks!
For me I can spend $45 on leaf and roll 20 or more cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just FMI, what are the yields of the leaf bundles after rolling compared to just buying cigars? Is it a cheap way to smoke?

Obviously you guys are not home rolling because you're too cheap to buy cigars (I don't think?), but I was wondering about the economics.

Thanks!
Ranges from about 80 cents to 3 dollars. Probably comes in at an average of a little bit less than a typical really cheap bundle, but maybe not cheaper than if you just buy ultra cheap combo packages from the catalogs.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Thanks!
Like what has already been said, you can roll your own for the cost of some pretty inexpensive budget sticks. The advantage to rolling your own over that is rolling specific sizes as well as rolling to your tastes. Say a guy finds he loves Brazilian Aripiraca wrapper but not many brands use it, well it so happens he can buy and roll his own with it. The home rolled cigar isn't always a winner, I've rolled plenty of rockets and yard gars finding my way and what works and doesn't for me. Anymore though I'm just as satisfied, if not more, with what I can roll as I am with something I would trade my hard earned ducats for at a shop.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I haven't had issues with leaf from LO or WLT. Only time I've ever had beetles was leaf I've gotten from my mentor Willy. If you feel like you must, go 3-5 days.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Got my package from LO today (pics later) thought i would mix up some Bermocoll ready for my first try at rolling, followed instructions, 1 part Bermocoll to 2 parts water, ended up with a very thick gel, yes i zapped it mic for 20 sec, is this the right consistency? seems a bit thick to me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I guess not, this is what i got, hard to see in the pic
1/4lb Aged Nicaraguan Ligero Long Filler
1/4lb Aged Honduran Seco
1/4lb Dominican Seco Piloto Cubano
1/4lb Dominican Binder
1/4lb Mexican San Andres Wrapper
If you got a good batch of that ligero (I've got good, and I've got useless) then you've got the makings for a wide variety of very good cigars right there. Nice choices!