What's new

Finally, real storage! (Wino)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Nice looking unit, it will look even better once you put some cigars in it. Just don't turn it into a Gurkhador.
this will not be turned in a gukhador. over my dead body.

Nice setup. I'll probably be looking at ways to expand soon. I just have a tupperdore with room for about 60-75.
DO IT. JUST DO IT.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Took out the paper and Baking Soda today, and the faint plastic smell is all gone!

Rearranged the sticks from the humi so it's not jam packed (~50%) and put them into the tupperdors that were in the cooler. Then put the tupperdors into the wino; looks and feels good now lol

Here's an updated pic, please disregard the finger smudges as I just took the photo right after rearrangement:

Man.... Look at all that empty space. Whos got an addy?:happy:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Following this as well. Just got a small AW-121, that will be getting set up shortly.

Soap, water, and newspaper took nearly all the smell out of mine. Does the baking soda make a big difference?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Took out the paper and Baking Soda today, and the faint plastic smell is all gone!

Rearranged the sticks from the humi so it's not jam packed (~50%) and put them into the tupperdors that were in the cooler. Then put the tupperdors into the wino; looks and feels good now lol

Here's an updated pic, please disregard the finger smudges as I just took the photo right after rearrangement:

I look at your poor cooler and see this...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hakam, why haven't you put any cigars in your wino yet? :cigar:
There are sticks in there! lol don't be pulling implications @EricT
Cuz that's all he has. It's sad really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
no its not sad, working on building the stash, give me some time lol

Following this as well. Just got a small AW-121, that will be getting set up shortly.

Soap, water, and newspaper took nearly all the smell out of mine. Does the baking soda make a big difference?
I didnt use soap. I used warm water and little bit of white vinegar to wipe down the inside, then stuffed newspaper into the bottom and a container with baking soda.

The Baking Soda made it absorb the smell faster, 2-3 days and it was gtg! @Shift_Six

I look at your poor cooler and see this...

LOL hahah

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sweet set up man. I've been wanting one of those things since 2010!

Where did you get the deal on it? Every time I look they're like 200-250, out of my league for cigar storage right now.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Where did you get the deal on it? Every time I look they're like 200-250, out of my league for cigar storage right now.

Thanks!
I don't remember the link but I believe new air's sell scratch and dents cheap. Some brothers here got them with a small scratch that you can barely see on the wino. They've paid $150 and most likely additional for shipping. Not 100% sure though.

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Rating - 100%
31   0   0

Thanks!
Jim, It took me a long time to get up to the wino. Go with the tupperdors or coolerdors with boveda and some cedar trays or empty cigar boxes. They are perfect really

EACH SETUP WITH THE BOVEDA IS LESS THAN $20

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty cool. Nice set up Hakoomay, I'm jealous. Does this help with keeping humidity and temperature levels steady, or just temperature? I looks pretty bad ass, and I want one. Do you add a humidifier system to them, or use Boveda packs, or something else.

Since joining this group, I've learned so much. And for one, I learned how much I really don't know!! :) I only recently figure out what a cooladore or tupperdore was! Clever idea, simple and cheap, but very clever! So please forgive me if I ask a lot of stupid questions. Seems like it's gonna take me some time to catch up to the big boys.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is pretty cool. Nice set up Hakoomay, I'm jealous. Does this help with keeping humidity and temperature levels steady, or just temperature? I looks pretty bad ass, and I want one. Do you add a humidifier system to them, or use Boveda packs, or something else.

Since joining this group, I've learned so much. And for one, I learned how much I really don't know!! :) I only recently figure out what a cooladore or tupperdore was! Clever idea, simple and cheap, but very clever! So please forgive me if I ask a lot of stupid questions. Seems like it's gonna take me some time to catch up to the big boys.
Hey there @Rippen, thank you for the kind words. In reality though, there are MUCH nicer setups owned by a few seasoned pros on BOTL.
The unit keeps temps rock solid at 65 degrees, as for RH i have a 60gram 69rh Boveda pack in each tupperdor you see in the pictures. The unit is sealed and will hold humidity and temps well, this is why I got one than a much larger humidor.
There are no stupid questions, ask away bro, that's what these forums are here for. If I can't answer a specific question, I'm sure a senior-status BOTL will chime in. Oh and make a new thread for any questions you may have, ;)