What's new

Finally, real storage! (Wino)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
After going to a wineador I will never look back to any other type of humidor. My wineador has kept perfect rh for over a year now in fact maybe 1.5 years without even a spray.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Only in the summer.

I'd like to avoid plugging the drain hole (i have a wino on order after 5 years of waiting :) ) but I'm in CO with very low humidity. You think that drain hole will affect anything with this low RH environment I live in?
Thanks!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I'd like to avoid plugging the drain hole (i have a wino on order after 5 years of waiting :) ) but I'm in CO with very low humidity. You think that drain hole will affect anything with this low RH environment I live in?
Thanks!
It may but I can't imagine it would be a fast depletion. I use about 2 pounds of silicone and it seems to keep up well but we are definitely in drastically different climates. Only way to know is try and just check it everyday.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
You're so fancy. :)
I know it was controversial for years on here but I wouldn't believe it if I didn't test it first. It was the best $10 I ever spent and it's going on two years at 65%. Of course beads would work better probably if you wanted a different RH.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Thanks!
I'm a couple hours south east of you... I had to plug mine. With the hole plugged, it requires RH maintenance every couple months.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I know it was controversial for years on here but I wouldn't believe it if I didn't test it first. It was the best $10 I ever spent and it's going on two years at 65%. Of course beads would work better probably if you wanted a different RH.

I actually meant having a wino, not the KL.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
That helps a lot thanks man. Did you plug it with just tape?

Also do you run yours even if it's plugged?
I sealed it with silicone sealant. I run mine year round. Dont really need it running in the winter but the only fan in mine is the factory fan. The fan kicking on every now and then seems to help keep the RH more steady from top to bottom.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I sealed it with silicone sealant. I run mine year round. Dont really need it running in the winter but the only fan in mine is the factory fan. The fan kicking on every now and then seems to help keep the RH more steady from top to bottom.
Good to know man thanks! I was worried about running it with a sealed plug due to condensation inside the wino.