What's new

First cigar?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My first was a Macanudo of some sort. Given to me by a coworker who got me started in this wonderful world of cigars.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My first cigar was a DutchMasters President at the bowling alley in March of 1980. After that it was the occasional backwoods or swisher throughout my college years. (Mostly in an attempt to cover up the smell of the weed I was smoking)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think I bought a tin of those Macanudo's at a Walgreens in like 99. Didn't start smoking regularly till I moved to Tampa in 2006. First smoke out there? No clue. I smoked a LOT out there :)

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines was a hand rolled cigar my great grandfather made from tobacco shipped from the Philippines. I was about 12 or 13, secretly took a hit and choked on it bad, I remember he couldn't stop laughing. When i turned 18 some friends and I shared a pack of swisher sweets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Arturo fuente 858 given to be by one of my regulars when I used to wait tables. Smoked it with him on his boat and had a great time. It wasn't until 4 or 5 years later that I got into cigars but I still like 858s

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my first when I was about 10. My dad bought it for me so I could see that smoking was disgusting. I actually enjoyed it, or at least didn't hate it, to his surprise. But I had no other urges to smoke as a kid. I guess when your dad buys you a cigar at age 10 the mystique and allure of smoking disappears.

Had a few cheapies at 18 and a few golf course cigars in my 20s but didn't really start smoking cigars regularly until I was in my late 30s. I've smoked the equivalent of about 30 packs of cigarettes in my life, mostly when I'm drinking with people who smoke them.

Strangely enough, I started collecting lighters which led me to cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My first real cigar was a Joya de Nicaragua while serving in Kabul. We had one of the bunkers geared up like a cigar lounge with some old crappy couches and a coffee table. About a quarter of the way in I was feeling a little green but managed to finish. This is where my love of cigars was really born in the Camp Eggers Cigar Bunker with some great Brothers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First cigar, a few black and milds through college.

First real cigar, a macanudo my buddy gifted all the groomsmen. Didn't have time on the wedding night so it sat on our dressers for about two months. I remember it splitting and coming apart as we smoked them.

Cigar that got me down the slippery slope, an Undercrown giving to me by my buddies dad. Had no idea what I was doing but I loved it.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Acid wafe.. still remember it to this day.. was out street racing one night stopped in a gas station that was turned into a cigar shop. I was about 19. I liked the acids because of the art work and I had a street bike. The odd shape of the wafe caught my eye and really stood out.d Ireally enjoyed the taste of it as I smoked some Hondas that thought they were fast. Man... thoes were the days! Smoked a few acids here and there but not very often. Then @multi-useless got me into premiums several years later

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Romeo y Julieta in Jamaica with my father. Didn't care for it much. Could have been fake I'm sure. Then about 2.5 years ago a friend gave me a Hemingway Signature with about 5 or 6 years on it. I was hooked.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My first cigar was on my 18th birthday, where me and my friend had no idea what we were doing other than we wanted to smoke a cigar. I being the more eager of the two decided to find a local shop, figuring they'd be the best source of a good first cigar. However, when I walked in and told him it was my birthday and was inquiring about what he thought would be a good choice he sent me out telling me I had to wait until the day after my birthday. We'll I was disappointing and knew the old man was wrong so I tried finding another store and couldn't. I ended up going to a Kiosk in my hometown's mall because I remembered they had cigars and ended up getting a Romeo y Julieta 1875 Churchhill because it was in a tube and figured it would be good. Overall it was an enjoyable experience, but if anyone was watching it would have been hilarious to watch us trying and figure everything out. (Picture of me smoking my first cigar on my 18th birthday)

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I was 14 years old my grand dad would always give me a beer miller pull tab while we watched the cubs, this time he gave me a miller and a mureil. I dont care what anyone says I will always love the cubs no matter how good or bad they are cause they remind me of all the games I watched with him

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I was 14 years old my grand dad would always give me a beer miller pull tab while we watched the cubs, this time he gave me a miller and a mureil. I dont care what anyone says I will always love the cubs no matter how good or bad they are cause they remind me of all the games I watched with him
LOL, my grandpa also smoked Muriels... and loved watching the Cards. ;)

I don't know what my first cigar was... probably a Phillies or Swisher from a gas station.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My first wa a CC Romeo y Julieta Churchill back in the mid ninties. I had a buddy in the cigar business and he pulled out his special humi. It was great, but I got higher than a giraffe kiss...