What's new

First cigar?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Fuente Chateau, don't remember the vitola, but I'm fairly certain it was a Connie wrapper.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Don't know. It was give or take about 1989/1990.

I used to be a cigarette smoker, but would smoke cigars "sometimes".

A few years ago we found out an old friend we hadn't seen in 15 years lived only two hours away. The first time the wife and I go to see her and we're catching up I say "I quit smoking cigarettes a few years ago, but I smoke cigars now."

She looked at me and said "Now? You've always smoked cigars. Pretty much every memory I have of you is you smoking a cigar."

So... I guess I smoked a lot more through the 90's than I thought. Didn't really pay attention to what I was smoking and didn't keep much on hand.

The first thing I can say with absolute 100% conviction I know exactly what it was that I smoked was out of a box of Monte #2's I was gifted by a guy that wanted to do business with my company. That was the push down the slippery slope, for sure.

EHV

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My first real handmade was a CAO Brazilia. I smoked a lot of garbage up to that point, but the Brazilia opened my eyes to what cigars could be. The slope was one short step away.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My first was a vanilla flavored cigar from Heavenly probably 2001... It was given to me the last night some buddies were in town (we were in High School on summer vacation) so we had them sitting under the side of a bridge that ran over a big lake and watched the kids bridge jump into the water while chatting.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My first cigar was a Philly Blunt in New York city during the winter of 2005. I was at Bible College in Boston and we took a day trip. Smoked it with my RA. hahaha. Been a slippery slope ever since.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The first draw on a cigar was when I was around 10. My dad let me hit it in attempt to keep me from smoking. That was circa 1980 and was probably a Dutch Master or something similar. That was the only time I remember seeing him smoke a cigar, although he smoked a pack of Kools a day.
First cigar of my own was a Macanudo maduro in the early 90's.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Garcia Vega Pops cigarillo on my 18th birthday. Like most others, I felt like a King! First "premium" was an Acid Blondie with fraternity brothers. It's amazing the memories attached to cigars!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Year was 2003. A buddy of mine had a co-worker who lived in Miami on a work permit(was of Cuban nationality). He went back to Cuba to visit family and my memory is foggy but I believe the laws allowed him to bring back 2 boxes of cigars and 2 bottles of liquor. He always brought my buddy back 2 boxes of Cohibas(no idea which kind) and Cuban rum as he was neither a drinker or a smoker. Any rate my buddy gave me a handful of 'gars. Kicked my ass and I know I didn't appreciate them as they were my first but nonetheless got me hooked. Ironic thing is haven't tried nor even attempted to seek out those particular smokes again as my friend moved away and we lost contact.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My first cigar was at Stillwater cove in pebble beach with two other guys. We all shared a pepper bomb of a cigar, I have no clue what it was but I do remember it being spicy as hell. Can't remember how we got our hands on it but it was a good day haha.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I had had a one or two over a few years but the "one" that I call my first and the one that brought me into the fold as a cigar lover was the Fuente Hemingway Short Story. That was just under two years ago!

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
My first cigar was a Montecristo White Label last summer. Cousin came back to NJ to visit and all the guys went out to eat/drink and then we headed over to JR Cigars in Whippany. After that night I had an occasional cigar with my future father in law and now I'm hooked haha

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My first non gas station cigar hmmmm, it was about 10 years ago and I cannot remember what it was. It must not have been that great, because I didn't smoke another cigar for a few years. The first real cigar I remember was at my buddies wedding in 2008. His future father-in-law brought a few cigars from Spain for us to smoke and I remember it was a Cohiba, not sure the kind.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My first cigar or the first one I remember? I can't remember the former but, the latter was one that to this day is still in my rotation. A Bolivar Confradia.