What's new

Force Awakens appreciation thread!(careful for some spoilers)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I agree with most of what's been said so far. So many unanswered questions but great movie and I'm excited to see this trilogy unfold.
And space smegol has to be the funniest shit I've read today.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I apologize if anyone had anything spoiled from looking in this thread. I edited the title as a warning

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm probably going to wait until it gets on amazon prime or netflix, but I'll be excited when the next Star Trek movie comes out:whistle:

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I saw it yesterday, and loved it. It was the Star Wars movie I had been waiting 30 years for.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I actually thought it wasn't so great lol please don't kill me. I thought they were dropping way to many hints, and I felt they rushed into people's stories.

Original Star Wars were long played out stories that kept you on your feet. Also I felt that it was basically the same story almost as the older ones just with a twist and new characters and some old.

Just my .02

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
What a great movie this was for me! (y) It was true to the feel and spirit of the originals, with a fresh storyline. They really got this one right...tremendous. :)

2020pdx

Dan
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
*SPOILER ALERT*
I saw it last night and thought it was good, not great. There was definitely a rehash of storyline and plot from New Hope, though that was not the whole movie. For me, repeated storyline dragged the movie down and lessened the drama and excitement. Did you see how big the death star has become! You knew what was going to happen. I was surprised by how large the Han Solo part was and enjoyed it. You can definitely see the Disney influence in that there were plenty of options made available for merch and action figure sales.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
What do you have against 3D? Are you also calling for the return of standard def television and the Atari 2600?
just in movies, but I think 3D is a poorly implemented gimmick personally. I have no desire to spend the extra cash for that nonsense. just my opinion though

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I saw this yesterday with my seven year old son. He was probably a year or two too young but what the hell. He enjoyed it. I really wanted to have him see the first six movies before but, as it turns out, The Force Awakens is strong enough to stand on its own as an introduction to the franchise. What I really appreciated was the return to more of an actual story than the CGI demonstration that the prequels were.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
First off I am an avid Star Wars fan, I've seen all of them many times (yes the prequels too). I just watched The Force Awakens and think it's good but not great. It was the same plot as Episode IV: A New Hope. The character relationships and development seemed fairly fast and utterly predictable, the character bonding was very rushed. I did enjoy the large role of Han Solo in this movie, it was bigger than I anticipated. They definitely laid ground work for a continued story line so hopefully that continuation will be better.

My only real wonder of what will come is (without looking at the internet at all): Did Kylo Ren die? My friends seemed to think so but I am less than convinced. Any other thoughts on that?