What's new

Foundation Cigar Co.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
.... lets say Nick set out to make an $8 retail price point cigar and did so. I have no doubt it would be a solid smoke, but honestly is that what people are expecting from him as his first release? Imagine the pressure he is under to perform given everyone's expectations... do you really think first releasing a mid-point stick where he isn't able to use the cream of the cream is a good choice? People are going to be hypercritical of this first blend, so not only do I not blame him for utilizing the choicest of leaf, I would regard him as an idiot if he did differently.

I think Nick and I are in the same boat in this regard: everyone's expectations are through the roof and we are both doing everything possible to try to meet these truly almost unattainable expectations. IMO neither him, nor I would feel comfortable releasing a "good" cigar, we want it in our own opinions to be FUCKING GREAT, to know we did everything possible to make it as exceptional as possible.

And then if consumers decide they don't like it, we will at least know we did our very best.
I like that idea, EP Carrillo and LaPalina seemed to of leave the gate the same way. Wish that success for both of y'all DE alumni .

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really glad @NicaNick shared how to pronounce this on his Instagram account. To my local B&M:
"You guys should order the new El gw-... gooe.... gway......... THE FOUNDATION ONE."
How about trying "THE WISE MAN" by Foundation Cigar Company - I like to make things difficult :) - not good for the masses but good for my soul...

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I don't normally buy boxes in that range but surely can afford a single from a B&M once a week or so. If you want to try an artisan cigar but can't afford it just don't smoke as often IMO. I started smoking 2-3 times a day and realized I could have one really good cigar once a day or two for the same price. We all have different budgets but there is a way to fit those smokes into our lives.

Last edited:

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick gave me one at the show, and I was overly impressed with it. He was so swamped every time I was at the CF booth, he is going to meet everyone's expectations. So looking forward to watching his future work.
Hermano - it was great to finally meet you in person. Glad you enjoed the stick. I am very much looking forward to smoking Futuro. I think tomorrow is the day. Remind me I have something cool to show you and Max. I will try hitting you via IG direct message. Keep in touch and hope to link in Esteli soon. PAZ

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hermano - it was great to finally meet you in person. Glad you enjoed the stick. I am very much looking forward to smoking Futuro. I think tomorrow is the day. Remind me I have something cool to show you and Max. I will try hitting you via IG direct message. Keep in touch and hope to link in Esteli soon. PAZ
I saw it! Thanks for that brother! You are digging into the depths to find cool stuff and I appreciate that. Ill be down in Esteli in August, ill keep you updated on the date, we will have to meet up at TABSA.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nick is the real deal. He'll FORGET more about tobacco than the vast majority of cigar brand owners will ever LEARN. I've been fortunate to know him for close to 10 years, and proud to count him among true friends in this business.

I haven't smoked El Gueguense YET--but if Nick had hands on it, I'm gonna seek it out and smoke it.

PS - The aforementioned 'testimonial' goes for Saka, too. ;)

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads