What's new

Fuente or Padron

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve never heard of shame smoking before. Sounds pretty sad. Cheer up, buckaroo!
Bahaha. It doesn't matter why we smoke. Here's a few of my favorites.
The hate smoke. When you walk into someone's house that you know to hate cigar smoking. Light up a cigar out of your humi that emits thick billowing white clouds of smoke and nub it.

Shame smoke. @bwhite220 covered. Good job.

The lifesaver. Literally that cigar you smoke in order to keep from killing someone.
So many reasons to smoke and the right cigar for the time is different for each of us Doesn't matter which. As long as you have one

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smiled a lot of patrons over the years and enjoyed every one of them.
Fuentes I fell in love with after reading so much about them and then tried them. Not thinking I would like Fuentes I was pleasantly surprised and now patrons and Fuentes are two of my favorites.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I prefer Fuente as a more regular smoke - including Opus, Añejo, Don Carlos, and GoF. (I think Casa Fuente is WAY over priced).

I like Padrón Anniversary cigars for more of an “after a nice dinner” cigar.
That’s a fantastic way to put it. I concur - I find myself smoking Fuentes on a more “normal” use basis and the Padrons are more of a “good reason” sort of smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've blown equal amounts of money on each. Gun to my head, give me a Padron. I love plenty of Fuentes but they have such a huge line, so many limited and hard to get releases plus factor in having to wait to age the Opus and Anejo lines...screw it just give me Padron ROTT.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah...but there’s generally one you like a bit better than the other, even though both are enjoyable.
Obviously I'm an opus guy. I smoke more opus and Fuentes than anything else. Padron are perfect right out the gate. Opus you age. As I got into collecting and ageing as well as smoking. I love the flavors that come from a well ageg opus. Are they over priced god yes. Kinda adds to the collectable aspect though. Casa Fuente is good but if you want a phantom look no further than a lost city lancero. It's just got a different band. Same smoke. Casa is a place you go to build a collection. I mean cmon. A forbidden lbmf is not worth a hundred bucks. I've smoked them they are impressive but 100 bucks. No.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think both Opus and the ‘26s &’64s are overpriced. Although good cigars, you don’t really get your money’s worth. Conversely, both Padron’s regular line 000 series, and Fuente’s 898s are excellent cigars that smoke well above their price points.
Fuente curly head deluxe is 3 bucks and I've smoked unknown amount of those. Your right both of them have have lines that smoke above their price point.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
This is a difficult question to answer for the highends. My experience with Padron, very good to damn good every time. Fuente however, I've had some that were meh, but I've had some that have hit that upper mark of WOW good. While most stay in the range of very good to damn good. ...Fuente

Regular lines 858 Maduro, Rosado Belicoso, Hemingway Maduros...Padron regular line is damn good too. But again I go with Fuente.