What's new

Game of Thrones

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I have to admit though, I wish there was less talking and more of... something happening. Don't talk about intrigue, show me intrigue, don't talk about somebody dying, show me them dying... don't even talk about somebody stubbing their toe, I want to see it!
My wife wants more sex scenes.... I think it's the only reason she watches the series... hold the jokes please... lmao.

I'm actually reading the books along with the series. I like the books a bit more... character development, side stories, etc complement the HBO show imo.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yea, going through the books as well. Finished the first one last week, working on the second now. It does help explain a lot in the show, and some things are just completely different. They really remind me of the LOTR series, in which he took the time to explain how the sunlight was coming through a window in a specific cabin, which had nothing to do with anything. These are phenomenal books, but I sometimes get the feeling that there is writing, simply for the sake of writing. I'm enjoying them though.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Skipped all the posts in this thread for now, but just finished watching the first season over the last 2 nights...couldn't turn it off. Amazing show and can't wait until I can marathon the 2nd season

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I wish they were 2 hour episodes each week, but that would be like a movie each week. haha. A guy can dream!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Enjoying a cigar before the season 2 finale... I'm wondering if it will be as dramatic as season one's finale.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
They messed up the House of the Undying so bad. I understand needing to change stuff from book to TV but they really screwed this up!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've been let down by this season! The first season was great, and then someone got it in their heads that they could write better than George R. R. Martin. They can't.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end I thought I was watching The Walking Dead LOL

I haven't read any of the books so while watching the show I didn't know what was going to happen next etc.. This season with the dragons, zombies (don't know what else to call them) and magic it seems like they are "jumping the shark" very early.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I thought they did a good job with some of the "making it your own", but they did slip up on the house of the undying. Of course, they had to squeeze a lot into a short time, so it made sense, probably a bit more than the book did, and we're left with more or less the same result.

The main change that bothered me is making joffery look like a wuss in the battle when he was really just ignorant and arrogant and it was tyrian that was trying to keep him safe.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Definitely more impressed by the Season 1 finale, but Season 2 was great as well. So much to look forward to next season!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
At the end I thought I was watching The Walking Dead LOL

I haven't read any of the books so while watching the show I didn't know what was going to happen next etc.. This season with the dragons, zombies (don't know what else to call them) and magic it seems like they are "jumping the shark" very early.
Well, if they follow the books, it gets WAY crazier!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
After watching this for two seasons now, I have to read the books. I am interested to see the differences. I was a little surprised at the ending though. Zombies? Really? Why is everything lately coming back to Zombies? Speaking of which. Wrong thread I know, but has anyone else read World War Z?