What's new

Game of Thrones

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I'm addicted. Almost finished the first book. I figure I can get through the books faster than waiting for each Sunday to come around.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm addicted. Almost finished the first book. I figure I can get through the books faster than waiting for each Sunday to come around.
Lol, I've taken to reading the book as well. Actually, I listen to the book on tape while working, and my wife reads the book at home, then we talk about it when I get home. I'm nuts over this series, really enjoying it!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok,
so how are they going to keep this show going when they kill off every major character every other episode?
or
is that what makes this great?
It all has to be for a big reason. I'm not far enough in the books to say whether it is or isn't, but these deaths HAVE to be opening up the way for either new characters, or an evolution for current characters.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The last episode has me a little worried. They had some stuff happen that was not in the books that can affect the story.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The last episode has me a little worried. They had some stuff happen that was not in the books that can affect the story.
Hmmm, that's no good. Going through the book right now, and I'm happy how the first season followed the book. But, I'm still working my way through the first book.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah there are some significant deviations from the book. I expect it's being done to convey character motivation and direct viewer feelings about certain characters without the hundreds of pages that Martin used in the original. I mean... The Danaeris story arc has pretty long stretches of boring in it as well as very intense internal monologue that would be really hard to recreate in sixty minutes a week. Shortcut: what we saw at the end of last weeks episode.

Joffrey is a cruel little prick with no redeeming qualities at all. How do you portray that when it's written about in fits and spurts over the course of a couple of books? Shortcut: The scene with the prostitutes. Now the audience knows what were supposed to feel about him.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've read all the books that are out and I'm enjoying the deviations, even if (or maybe because) I don't know what they'll mean for the rest of the series. I didn't need any deviations to hate on Joffrey, though. Thoroughly evil little shit...

I'm enjoying the series more than I thought I would. I was afraid it would be awful compared to the books. I did think the acting in the latest episode was terrible, though. Even Dinklage was stiff and forced.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok, this is what sucks about watching the show each week, rather than at the end of the season all together. Must see next episode...must see next episode...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it. They did the same with Dexter as the show as turned out really different then the books. But really its a good thing because I enjoy both of them without having to worry about getting ahead of each other.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So I am still behind (so i avoided looking at the above posts just in case there were some spoilers) but I just watched episode 4 and am about to watch episode 5. Wow, I cant believe how mad I got at the little brat king for his treating of the girl and having the girls beat each other, I want to tear his heart out. Actualyl I can believe it, like everyone i cant wait for him to get what is coming to him. WTF was birthed at the end of the episode? BLACK SMOKE MAN? Weird, it will be interesting to find out what that turns into. AND I WANT DRAGONS. I am ready for some action to start, they keep building and building up the plot, which is great and all, but i want some stuff to go down. Overall i love it

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So I am still behind (so i avoided looking at the above posts just in case there were some spoilers) but I just watched episode 4 and am about to watch episode 5. Wow, I cant believe how mad I got at the little brat king for his treating of the girl and having the girls beat each other, I want to tear his heart out. Actualyl I can believe it, like everyone i cant wait for him to get what is coming to him. WTF was birthed at the end of the episode? BLACK SMOKE MAN? Weird, it will be interesting to find out what that turns into. AND I WANT DRAGONS. I am ready for some action to start, they keep building and building up the plot, which is great and all, but i want some stuff to go down. Overall i love it
Black smoke man is very interesting, lol, you will like that one. As far as building goes, it seems to continue to build to something huge. The series is still further ahead in the books than I am, although I've started on book 2 now, so I'm catching up.

Yea, I could kill that kid and not only not lose sleep over it, but probably sleep better!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The directors have mastered the art of the "cliff hanger" at the end of every single episode. It seems like they always leave the audience wanting more. Hour long episodes are not long enough

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The directors have mastered the art of the "cliff hanger" at the end of every single episode. It seems like they always leave the audience wanting more. Hour long episodes are not long enough
Yep not nearly long enough. Can't believe there's only 2 shows left...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have to admit though, I wish there was less talking and more of... something happening. Don't talk about intrigue, show me intrigue, don't talk about somebody dying, show me them dying... don't even talk about somebody stubbing their toe, I want to see it!

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have to admit though, I wish there was less talking and more of... something happening. Don't talk about intrigue, show me intrigue, don't talk about somebody dying, show me them dying... don't even talk about somebody stubbing their toe, I want to see it!
It's a trade off they need to make so they can keep the budget down. What they do show is very near movie quality on a TV budget.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Have you read the books? The author will spend three pages talking about a glass of wine! One of my coworkers (essentially) made the same complaint when she read them. He talks sooooo much about everything. Her solution was to skip everything that wasn't dialogue. Not quite sure how you'd do that with a show though...