What's new

gardening

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
View attachment 96945 Have a newborn so not much time for a fullsize garden this year. 2 better boys. 1 cillantro and 1 mexi bell pepper. Still need to buy one more vegetable plant, thinking sweet basil
Put the sweet basil in with the cilantro. They will grow fine together in the same pot since they don't get too big and have pretty shallow roots. Use the extra pot for another pepper plant. One isn't enough imho.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Put the sweet basil in with the cilantro. They will grow fine together in the same pot since they don't get too big and have pretty shallow roots. Use the extra pot for another pepper plant. One isn't enough imho.

Ended up going with some hybrid jalapeño the wife picked up called a coolapeno supposed to have no heat. Next year i hope to get back to growing some hot peppers again. Had some pretty hot habenero hybrids last year. Tried carolina reapers also with little luck.

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Snapped a few pics of the garden today. That multi colored "mulch" in the paths is sawdust from woodworking.

Overall garden... yeah its a cluster F#$*. Had to surround most of the beds with chicken wire due to all the dang rabbits.
Main garden.jpg
Acorn Squash:
Acorn 1.jpg
Acorn 2.jpg

Beans:
Beans.jpg

Moldavian Dragonhead, good for the bees and looks cool.
Dragonhead.jpg

Herbs: Sage, Oregano, Rosemary and Thyme. Basil is planted around the tomatos and I have a Bay tree potted on my patio. Rabbits built a nest in the middle of my thyme plant and effed it up... (n)(n)(n)
Herbs.jpg

Onions are starting to form bulbs
Onions.jpg

A variety of peppers. From what I can remember, Ghost pepper, cayenne, tobasco, Jalapeno, Numex sauve orange (habanero with no heat), couple varieties of red and yellow sweet peppers.

Peppers.jpg Peppers 2.jpg

Popcorn, yeah I know I need to pull the weeds in my paths...
popcorn.jpg

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Continued....

Potatoes, trying them in a pot for the 1st time.Potato.jpg

Gotta have sweet potatoes too! Still debating on whether to keep the volunteer squash plants. They should be butternuts.
Sweet potato.jpg

Tomatoes are starting to ripen. Planted a variety of colors and sizes.
Red Romas.jpg Tye Dye.jpg

Shallots: My 1st time growing these, didn't realize what a mess they would become. Few more onions in the background.
Shallots.jpg

Some summer squash:
Summer squash.jpg

Saw this patchouli while at a nursery, never seen it before so figured WTF not? Gotta try everything once.
Patchouli.jpg

Also grow a variety of tropicals, cacti etc... Here is a plumeria blooming. Smells as good as it looks too.

Plumeria.jpg

Not pictured....

Watermelons, sunflowers, meyer lemons, eureka lemons, key limes, persian limes, bay leaf tree, lemon eucalyptus tree and other various potted herbs.

Last edited:

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Snapped a few pics of the garden today. That multi colored "mulch" in the paths is sawdust from woodworking.

Overall garden... yeah its a cluster F#$*. Had to surround most of the beds with chicken wire due to all the dang rabbits.
View attachment 97188
Acorn Squash:
View attachment 97190
View attachment 97191

Beans:
View attachment 97192

View attachment 97193

Herbs: Sage, Oregano, Rosemary and Thyme. Basil is planted around the tomatos and I have a Bay tree potted on my patio. Rabbits built a nest in the middle of my thyme plant and effed it up... (n)(n)(n)
View attachment 97194

View attachment 97195

A variety of peppers. From what I can remember, Ghost pepper, cayenne, tobasco, Jalapeno, Numex sauve orange (habanero with no heat), couple varieties of red and yellow sweet peppers.

View attachment 97196 View attachment 97197

View attachment 97198
very nice.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

View attachment 97188
Acorn Squash:
View attachment 97190
View attachment 97191

Beans:
View attachment 97192

View attachment 97193

View attachment 97194

View attachment 97195

View attachment 97196 View attachment 97197

View attachment 97198
That a great layout. I would like to do that someday. Looks easy to get to stuff.

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
That a great layout. I would like to do that someday. Looks easy to get to stuff.

Can reach everything pretty easy. It originally started out as 1 raised bed and I added a couple more each year until I hit 10. Im at the point now where adding more would be more work than I care for and can grow a decent variety of stuff.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
We had a mild spring. Weather in the 70's instead of the 90's. This has resulted in a bumper crop. The Armenian cucumbers got out of hand. Probably too big to taste any good. But the tomatoes are darn near perfect. I am getting this kind of harvest every two or three days.
001.JPG

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Can reach everything pretty easy. It originally started out as 1 raised bed and I added a couple more each year until I hit 10. Im at the point now where adding more would be more work than I care for and can grow a decent variety of stuff.
Stogie, I love your garden and variety. What variety are the tomatoes that are already ripening? When did you set them out? I am interested in some early ripening varieties and having ripe ones by the middle of June in St.
Louis is great.

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Stogie, I love your garden and variety. What variety are the tomatoes that are already ripening? When did you set them out? I am interested in some early ripening varieties and having ripe ones by the middle of June in St.
Louis is great.
I get a head start on my tomatoes starting them indoors in January. I have a couple grow lights to keep them from getting leggy and the plants are usually pretty big by the time I transplant.