What's new

gardening

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So far I've planted red and white onions, strawberries, sugar snap peas, red potatoes, carrots, swiss chard, spinach, and a variety of lettuce. I've also started 50 tomato and pepper seeds and a variety of herb seeds inside under my grow light. I will start cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, egg plant, corn and green bean seeds when it warms up. Blueberry bushes and horseradish should start coming on anytime. My new thing I'm trying this year is pineapple. Our local nursery got some plants in so I thought I would give them a try. I can't wait for full on growing season!
That's a big garden. I would love to see some pictures.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Finished this today. In addition to my regular garden, this will be just for strawberries.

IMAG0929.jpg

Also, have my flat of plants going.

24 Mortgage Lifter tomato plants
24 sauce tomato plants
12 cherry tomato plants

I planted 6 bell pepper and 6 chilli pepper plants, but none came up.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Finished this today. In addition to my regular garden, this will be just for strawberries.

View attachment 61469

Also, have my flat of plants going.

24 Mortgage Lifter tomato plants
24 sauce tomato plants
12 cherry tomato plants

I planted 6 bell pepper and 6 chilli pepper plants, but none came up.
The new bed looks awesome! Good job!

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yep, you got me there on both accounts. One of the best things around here is all the outdoor activities that are all within 15 mins.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Got the big garden planted today.

Watermelon
Honeydew
Zuchini
Pumpkin
Radishes
Green Beans
Dill
Carrots
Mortgage Lifter tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes

I'll be damned if I didn't order cucumbers. I'll need to run into town and pick up some tomorrow. Not sure what I was thinking because I love pickles. I'll also pick up some sweet and hot peppers.

I'll send up a pic in a couple of weeks when stuff starts coming up.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

28 tomato plants, 20 pepper plants, red potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, countless red and white onions, strawberries, green beans, lettuce, watermelon and just about every herb you can think of all planted. Can't wait for harvest!

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I promised some pics once stuff got some size on it...

Here's the new strawberry plants in the raised garden. So far, so good. Been picking the flowers off of them. No strawberries this year. :( But next year...
IMAG1148.jpg

Here's the big garden. Zuchini, watermelon, cucumbers, carrots, green beans, dill, tomatoes, pumpkins, honeydew, sweet and hot peppers. Rhubarb in the far corner. Started asparagus this year, you can kind of make it out on the other side. Few weeds in there, too. Already pulled the radishes.
IMAG1152.jpg

From the other end...
IMAG1154.jpg

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I promised some pics once stuff got some size on it...

Here's the new strawberry plants in the raised garden. So far, so good. Been picking the flowers off of them. No strawberries this year. :( But next year...
View attachment 65540

Here's the big garden. Zuchini, watermelon, cucumbers, carrots, green beans, dill, tomatoes, pumpkins, honeydew, sweet and hot peppers. Rhubarb in the far corner. Started asparagus this year, you can kind of make it out on the other side. Few weeds in there, too. Already pulled the radishes.
View attachment 65541

From the other end...
View attachment 65542
Looks great, I would love to have a garden that big.

Why are you picking the flowers off the strawberries? This is my first year growing them and have gotten a few, but they are not as sweet as I would like them to be.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
My 3rd year. Every year I'm learning more and more each season. I've been composting for 3 years now. Almost all my soil is food scraps. (A couple bags of composted manure as well) I need to add another raised bed. This year I kept the plantings fewer to avoid overcrowding and fungal disease.
Main bed about a week ago. All plants have almost doubled in size this last week.

Herb/onion/Brussels sprouts.

The oregano plant in back I had to pull half it out. It's become a nuisance "bush" roughly 2' diameter.