L to R:
Double Claro
Claro
Colorado Claro
Colorado
Colorado Maduro
Maduro
Oscuro

Much of it has to do with the strain, how/where it was grown, how it was fermented, etc. (how much dye you slather on it if it's a Rock Patel stick )

CT refers to Connecticut, so I'd hazard a guess that you won't find any of that in habanos products. I'm not sure if it was brought over during colonization or it was the strain being grown by natives in the CT valley area? So when you see something like "Ecuadorian CT shade" that's the CT valley strain grown under shade in Ecuador.

Feel free to chime in if I missed/got something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mike! Very Helpful! (y)
The 2017 is much lighter. Same with a new box of RASS, much lighter shade wrappers than the 2016s I had before.
I know several people prefer the lighter ones, but the best tasting (to me) that I've had was an oily red Colorado.
Strangely I had a very light wrappered one that was much too floral for me, that came from the exact same box code as another that was perfect... (n) #consistency

" tan with the twinge of grayish green?"
I call that one Khaki.
Looove me some Khaki.
Brindled wrappers appeal to me as well.
I really don't care for Oscuro, it can be uneven and burn poorly,and you will find them dyed sometimes.
Colorado Claro is probably the easiest to sell,it is also known as "English Market Selection".
Interesting. Yeah, I think that khaki is kinda ugly, but the ones I've had tasted really good.

Funny that there's so much variance, Cuba has been growing under shade, ct style for close to a century haven't they?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Darn it guys... Stop teaching me stuff. My brain is full.
Also, if you get your hands on a sampler of those ... go into it with a humble mindset. Everyone’s storage conditions are different and not everyone has theirs dialed in right.

Just don’t become an overnight linea expert like some guys who cry construction issues based on a sampler they built up lol