What's new

Glock 19 vs Beretta 92FS

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Nah, the Sigma doesn't even exist in the world of PPQ. Highly ergonomic. Best trigger on any polymer handgun. Good size for a do-everything pistol. Engineered well. Only thing they could have done better was make the bore axis a tad bit lower, but it's a pretty moot point since shot splits are nearly identical to other plastic wonders.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I can't recommend the .40 S&W as it was made by lawyers and accountants at the FBI so they could pass department qualifications and it's only 1 of 2 calibers ever to be made less capable than it's predecessor. .
The .40 is not a personal favorite of mine.. I favor a 9mm for the vast majority of shooters and circumstances out there..

That said.. I think you should probably do a little more research and get a greater understanding of the .40's capability...

the .40 currently enjoys a favored son position among one of our nations most elite counter terrorist teams.. There is a reason that the G22 (a .40) is among the most commonly carried/deployed pistols among "operators" at SFOD-D/CAG/Delta/The Unit or whatever you want to refer to them by these days..

When in the hands of someone skilled enough to use it properly.. the .40 is more than capable.. and brings a very nice happy medium to the velocity/expansion (9mm) vs weight/width (.45) debate that pistol shooters love to participate in..

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Looked at both today and liked them both. Beretta felt better in my hand but i like a lot of the features on the Glock as well. Would welcome any and all comments on likes and dislikes of either.
See if you can shoot them both at the gun range to see what you like after a few times. Also take the wife with you because I'm sure if need be she's gonna have to be able to shoot said gun.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Looked at both today and liked them both. Beretta felt better in my hand but i like a lot of the features on the Glock as well. Would welcome any and all comments on likes and dislikes of either.
See if you can shoot them both at the gun range to see what you like after a few times. Also take the wife with you because I'm sure if need be she's gonna have to be able to shoot said gun.
This by far is the best advice. Just because super über specop ninjas like it doesn't mean it's what you'll like. Go to the range shoot a few and then when you narrow it down let the lady try them too.

mercop

Cigar Daddy
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have carried them both as a cop. I was an Army MP and we were the last class to shoot the 1911 but I got a M9 at my duty station. For two years I worked for Baltimore School Police where we carried the 92FS. Accurate as hell but a brick to carry off duty. When I got the agency I retired from I was issued a G19. In 2000 I used it in a fatal shooting. IMHO the G19 is the gunfighters pistol today as the 1911 used to be. I still carry a GEN II (as I do not prefer finger grooves). If you talk to holster makers they will tell you that for every other holster they make they make 5 for the G19. As someone who earns their living teaching firearms I would suggest that if the 19 is comfortable in your hand then go with it. Avoid bolting crap to your gun including expensive sights. Get some good training and lots of ammo.- George