What's new

Golf Banter

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My daughter is peaking right now, shooting low 40s right before the start of her senior season of HS golf. Looking forward to the season, but sad its ending...

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Broke 80 for the first time this weekend! Shot a 79 sunday morning. A par on 18 would have kept me at 80, but it was as real short par 4. 300 yd drive put my on the edge of the green. Chipped on and made made birdie to seal the 79.

Guess next stop is breaking 70!

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Well after breaking 80 a couple weeks ago, back to mid 80s. Shot an 85 today. Double-bogeys are killing me.

On a positive note, got to play with my new putter today and despite needing some extra practice with it, I'm a fan.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just saw the results of last weeks Men's Clubs Tourney. A new member to our Men's Club shot 162. That is 9 strokes per hole. Can anyone beat that? LOL.
Well.. that makes me feel better about my crap round this weekend. lol

I stopped keeping score after the 7th and just used the round as practice. I did manage to knock down a 40' birdie putt though on the back nine, so that helped me feel a little better about how crappy I played.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Played yesterday, was hitting monster drives but couldn't clean up around the greens.

Went back out today with my 10 year old putter instead of my new one, turned those monster drives into GIRs with my wedges (they were on more than usual) and ended up shooting under 90 for the first time! Beat my buddy by 5 in skins match up.

Very excited! Might have to play this game a little more now.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Played yesterday, was hitting monster drives but couldn't clean up around the greens.

Went back out today with my 10 year old putter instead of my new one, turned those monster drives into GIRs with my wedges (they were on more than usual) and ended up shooting under 90 for the first time! Beat my buddy by 5 in skins match up.

Very excited! Might have to play this game a little more now.
Congrats on the milestone! under 80 is the next step!

I'm playing the course I broke 80 on tomorrow. We'll see how it goes this time around.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Congrats on the milestone! under 80 is the next step!

I'm playing the course I broke 80 on tomorrow. We'll see how it goes this time around.
Thanks a lot! Still need a lot of practice but my improved driving is helping A LOT.

How'd your round end up?

By the way... heads up for the BOTL community... I'm selling my new putter and going back to my old one for a while.

If anyone is interested, I'll have it up on ebay tomorrow evening, but if anyone here is interested I'd give BOTL first option.

It is a Byron Morgan Captain Morgan, number 7 of 30 (lucky #7, right?, ha ha).

Has slight wear from being a gamer but plenty of life. One ding in the top line that doesn't mess up the mystic pearl finish. Ping man grip, 35", right handed. Red captain morgan (skull and crossbones) headcover included.

These came out at around $500, I believe. Because it is used and has a ding, I'm putting it on ebay starting at $250, with a buy it now of $300. Shipping at $25.

If anyone on BOTL wants it, I'll at least waive the shipping and offer the $250 price.

Attachments

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
just for the record, putter is sold. went in less than 2 hours. must've priced it too low... oh well, just glad to move it.