What's new

Greetings from Hanoi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello all

Currently living/working in Hanoi, Vietnam through the Army. Been here for about 20 months now. After 16 months of very occasional smoking, started getting back to my 1-3 cigars a day routine about 4 months ago, and with that, wanted to get back into the cigar community as well. So that's why I decided to check out BOTL.

I started smoking cigars when I was last deployed to the 'stan in '12-'13 and my tastes and preferences have since evolved for the better. I enjoy most CCs and for NCs enjoy Tats and most made by Pepin, Padron, Fuentes, Crowned Heads, and Avos (for a change of pace mild). But I don't discriminate, as I tend to enjoy almost any cigar on hand.

Hope to get involved and learn and have some fun around here.

John

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @jmg1981 (y)

My best friend from elementary school has lived in Ho Chi Minh City for the past 20 years, working as a teacher. I really hope to visit him some day. I hear that Viet Nam is quite beautiful.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
thanks for the warm reception everyone!
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @jmg1981 (y)
My best friend from elementary school has lived in Ho Chi Minh City for the past 20 years, working as a teacher. I really hope to visit him some day. I hear that Viet Nam is quite beautiful.
Rupe, if you get a chance to, I highly recommend it. Vietnam is nothing like what people remember it to be. It's still a developing country but it's a rapidly developing country. HCMC is a bit more westernized than Hanoi and has better night life but really, anywhere is Vietnam will provide tons to see

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
John, welcome brother. Nice to see you here. You still enjoying the briar? If I remember right you were just getting started. Me, we'll I recently retired and just got back from the Chicago Pipe Show. PAD/TAD is strong with me.

Anyhow, welcome and I hope we get to catch up.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk