What's new

Guillotine, V-cut, or punch?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have a Colibri dual-blade guillotine cutter, a few punches at various sizes, and I just picked up a really nice V-cutter. So far the V has treated me consistently the best, but I have to use a punch when I am on the road since the others are not legal to carry on in my suitcase (which then limits the shapes I can bring with me; nothing w/ a pointed end! Sorry, torps and belicosos...). What do you guys prefer and why? Have anything stellar that you would recommend?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Tried to use my V on the beach yesterday with a torpedo, and since it has a closed back it just snipped the tip, which didn't open it up enough for a good draw. So I turned the stick 90 degrees and cut it again and BAM. Perfect.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have used all 3 and i get the best draw out of the guillotine and it is the most versatile. V is pretty cool but i would rather perfer a punch as they do the same style cigars

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I think they all have their place. I like to use all 3, I switch it up pretty often, although the V cut gets the most use because I like the job it does on lances, which I most frequently smoke

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Some people will use the punch on the side of a torpedo (& chisel), just near the tip, instead of the end. Never tried myself, but might be worth a shot!
I've punched A hole on each side of a chisel putting a hole straight threw .. Pretty wild suppose to get smoke hitting the roof of your mouth and your tongue but more of a novelty then functionality ..

I however have been using cigar scissors mostly , Takes some practice to get a straight cut but fun none the less