What's new

Guillotine, V-cut, or punch?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
My V gets all my attention...

I have also used it to double cut bigger RGs, but with parallel cuts at the shoulders.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Tried the V cut, didn't care for it. Tried the double v-cut, but didn't care for it. Tried the punch, hated it.

I'm a standard guillotine man. I might need to retry the above sometime, but I doubt if I ever will. If it ain't broke...

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
My V gets all my attention...

I have also used it to double cut bigger RGs, but with parallel cuts at the shoulders.
Ok sean, i have my next experiment. The XV (did I just invent a term?) I used on that Partagas above was nice for a small RG, so I'll check out the parallel on a thicker one.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I think they all have their place. I like to use all 3, I switch it up pretty often, although the V cut gets the most use because I like the job it does on lances, which I most frequently smoke
I'm with Matt. I was never really a punch fan until the owner of a local B&M showed me how well it works on a chisel and now that's how I cut them. My preference is the guillotine (love my Xicar cutter) but the v-cutter is supposed to do wonders on a lancero (have only had two lanceros to this point and used the guillotine) and will try my v-cutter on it.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I use a straight cutter. Always wanted to pick up on of those call looking scissor cutters tho. Seems a couple guys use them and they look "sophisticated" hahahha

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I should also add that the only cutter I have no desire to get and/or try is that Shuriken cutter.

I'm sure someone here has tried it - knowing the brothers and their love of gadgets. I assume that if it was worth anything then I'd be hearing about it a lot more.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Have only used a guillotine for the year that I have been smoking. Haven't seen the need to use anything else, but I might try the punch on my new Xikar Element torch that I just got. I like the creative cuts though.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I should also add that the only cutter I have no desire to get and/or try is that Shuriken cutter.

I'm sure someone here has tried it - knowing the brothers and their love of gadgets. I assume that if it was worth anything then I'd be hearing about it a lot more.
I've used it and it's a sneaky little bastard. Doesn't look cut at all, but it actually gives a decent draw. If you like the mouthfeel of the uncut rounded end, it may be something you really dig. Personally I was ambivalent.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Has anyone seen the Shuriken Cutter that's on CI?
Save your money. I didn't like the one I have, it is huge and when you get it out of your pocket folks think it's one of your bedroom toys:hammersma
I'm guessing then that you wouldn't want to keep it in the drawer of your nightstand, either, just to avoid painful confusion?

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

I have one but never used it. Got it dirt cheap. Then saw a review where a guy commented that a blade stuck into the cigar and cut his lip.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Save your money. I didn't like the one I have, it is huge and when you get it out of your pocket folks think it's one of your bedroom toys:hammersma
I'm guessing then that you wouldn't want to keep it in the drawer of your nightstand, either, just to avoid painful confusion?
:thumbsup: that would be correct... I was really surprised about how big the dumb thing was when I got it, it really is big.
"is that a shuriken in your pocket or are you just glad to see me":blob:

raj

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been a fan of my guillo. Lets me cut just the cap (most of the time)... and I have cut up to 62 with it. And it works for all the shapes I've had. Almost had reservations about cutting the LFD Chisels... but took some time and care to do it right and was worth it. The way I see it... it ain't broke. Lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Statesville, North Carolina. United States.
:thumbsup: that would be correct... I was really surprised about how big the dumb thing was when I got it, it really is big.
"is that a shuriken in your pocket or are you just glad to see me":blob:
I didn't think it was a great thing. The concept seemed interesting but what if you pushed to far on the cap of the cigar and hit that one weak spot in the shoulder? Just seemed like a flawed product. What kind of pants would that thing fit in? Tripp from Hot Topic? Glad to see I wasn't the only one who saw this thing and saw it as questionable at best.