What's new

Guitar players, show your gear!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I enjoyed that article, Thanks ! Awesome times I'm sure, plus and working with Hendrick. I think he was cross-referenced in some other article I read in the last few months.
“I drew from a lot of influences, including NASA and ‘I Dream of Jeannie’ stuff, Vegas ‘shapes’…
LOL yeah I've had the bug lately for that "Jetsons" style shit. That's why I want to try a build.
Kurt is still out there doing guitars. I managed Mayfield Music in Cleveland in the early 80s and hired Kurt to do repairs, we hit it off and it was a fun ride. We were so young and dumb.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The Gibson Les Paul Corvette Custom Shop is an uncatalogued color and the Gibson Webslinger 1 Jr. is signed by the late, great Stan Lee in an edition of 75 guitars. It is 3 of 75. I like your pinkies. I have two more closets full to go through. I am a hoarder I guess. The PRS pair below were selected by me from about 100 guitars at the PRS factory. I have known Paul since the 80s.

View attachment 125223 View attachment 125224
These are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting pics.
AWSOME collection, but I hate you rite about now. ;)

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That’s actually a great box. I booted mine from the pedal board but if I had to grab one “do it all pedal” and head out the door with it this would be the one I’d grab.
LOL can never have too much distortion. :ROFLMAO: My Crate 212 has a good distortion side with foot pedal. But when I play "plugged' at all, I'm in the basement on the 10watt with the Boss ME25. So it would just gather dust over here..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL can never have too much distortion. :ROFLMAO: My Crate 212 has a good distortion side with foot pedal. But when I play "plugged' at all, I'm in the basement on the 10watt with the Boss ME25. So it would just gather dust over here..
I use a Big Muff, tube screamer and Catalinbread DLS all on at the same time. :D

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That’s actually a great box. I booted mine from the pedal board but if I had to grab one “do it all pedal” and head out the door with it this would be the one I’d grab.
Thanks for the info. I really hope Nick is able to find it next week. I’m just getting started on pedals and only have a Dunlop CAE wah-wah pedal so far.

Jody

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
@XENU you have an amazing collection and I hope to have half the collection some day.

Finished project stratocaster today. Swapped pickguard, pickups, and all electronics, Jack's, etc. Had my luthier friend give it a proper setup and work over the frets. It is a players dream now. Put Guitar Fetish Boston Blues Texas wound pups in it and hot damn do I love the sound. A serious sound at a budget friendly price. Their service is garbage though so just keep that in mind.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@XENU you have an amazing collection and I hope to have half the collection some day.

Finished project stratocaster today. Swapped pickguard, pickups, and all electronics, Jack's, etc. Had my luthier friend give it a proper setup and work over the frets. It is a players dream now. Put Guitar Fetish Boston Blues Texas wound pups in it and hot damn do I love the sound. A serious sound at a budget friendly price. Their service is garbage though so just keep that in mind.
Nice refresh ! That's a gorgeous Strat.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
So I never did expect to copy the Senn-Eastwood exactly. I'm not using the Jaguar-Style tremolo ( I have a Jag Body coming in from another source, I'll deploy it there. )
But a problem arises without the big tremolo whammy assembly on board. Now the guitar didn't look right with all the extra real estate on the ass-end. Almost half the guitar is doing nothing.
So I took an inch off the tail .. but first.. on my duplicate styrofoam cutout.
Sure enough, on test I realize that I lose too much at the 6:00 position following the cut. I lose the space where I rest my palm when I play. It was clear on the mock cutout, the new design was going to be cumbersome.
So I go back to the drawing board. I did trim an inch off the bottom, but with a modified cut.
This let me keep my palm rest area, guitar is 1" shorter, plus the bottom line intentionally follows the same angle as the guitar's shoulder.
It's oak by the way. This is it lined up. LOL oK no more about this one. :)

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NGD the other day when it was negative my balls ain't dropping till spring!
Waited to unbox. Waited to play. Finally had enough time off work too mess around and check it out and play a little last night with it.
So here she is. Yamaha Pacifica 212vqm.
Got a heck of a deal off Amazon because someone damaged the box so only paid a little over $200 for it and its fit as can be.
It does need a setup and I did notice some sharp fret ends but after its acclimated a couple days it's warmed up a little and only a couple frets need hit on the side of the neck with a file.
Never had a Pacifica I didnt love and this ones no different. One of the most versatile and consistently made guitars on the planet and I'm glad to have this one.
Tuners are rock solid and I did pick up a tusq string tree I still need to put on to replace the butterfly one.
I may get lazy and take it to my local tech and have a full setup to see what he thinks. Action is a little higher than I like but intonation is spot on right out of the box after it shook off all the icicles.
Cheers!