What's new

Gurka

Hamm

Bacon
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I was actually going to say that but discerning hobbyists already know that...poor Gurkha...more than just a misunderstood cigar. ( Did I just throw out a great advertising theme....YW Gurkha! )
That's a good point. If they made a decent cigar, I could look past the RIDICULOUS price tags. Unfortunately, they make terrible cigars that are always 95% off "MSRP".

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You just can't get any better than a Gurkha. I mean I've smoked a lot of so called "top quality" cigars and "Cubans" but in the end my heart beats for only one......Gurkha. Some people just don't have an advanced enough pallet to appreciate the ultra fine details that go into each of their 11,248 blends. I have personally had them all with each one being more glorious than the next.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every Gurka that I habe ever smoked is mediocre at very best. They spend more time on rediculous advertising campaigns and fancy boxes and no time on producing a quality blend or ensuring that their cigars are rolled correctly. If you have never smoked one count yourself as lucky.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You just can't get any better than a Gurkha. I mean I've smoked a lot of so called "top quality" cigars and "Cubans" but in the end my heart beats for only one......Gurkha. Some people just don't have an advanced enough pallet to appreciate the ultra fine details that go into each of their 11,248 blends. I have personally had them all with each one being more glorious than the next.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
most are trash i do find the beauties acceptable most others are not worthy of a penny.. i do have a red witch that is my last ditch effort for gurkha. it that one sucks i will never purchase another

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
And do they come in ultra high limited edition glass top boxes too!? :smuggrin:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes...I find that smoking the burnt end gives them a much better taste....the blisters however that appear on my tongue are no bueno.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
most are trash i do find the beauties acceptable most others are not worthy of a penny.. i do have a red witch that is my last ditch effort for gurkha. it that one sucks i will never purchase another
That's a slight bit snobby don't you think? :)

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Just remember gents, a cigar that one thinks is great, might not be great for someone else. Each of us has a different palate. This is one reason why some like Gurhka and others don't.

Personally, not a fan of their lines, pricing or packaging. But, that's just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I feel like I should make a confession in this thread. One of my first, if not my very first, cigar posts to instagram was.... it was a Gurka.

There. I said it. Doesn't feel any better tho. :)

In all seriousness, smoke what you like, like what you smoke!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I feel like I should make a confession in this thread. One of my first, if not my very first, cigar posts to instagram was.... it was a Gurka.

There. I said it. Doesn't feel any better tho. :)

In all seriousness, smoke what you like, like what you smoke!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I, too, have been seduced by the demon brand. We've all been there brother...and yes, more power to those who like 'em!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
No snobbery here. As a newb, I liked the Crest, and smoked through half a box of Viper and Cuban Legacy. I thought the original Cellar Reserve was good, and the Ghost was actually an enjoyable smoke.

My problem with Gurkha is the way they do bsueinss. Instead of focusing on building a reputation as a maker of good cigars, Gurkha goes after the ones who don't know any better. Their entire business model is based on tricking new consumers. I don't like companies that prey upon the uninformed. It's bad for the hobby.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HaHa, this forum's view of Gurkha's is no different than others I've read.

I've smoked one Gurkha, a Beauty that came in a Connecticut sampler. I liked it, though not as much as several of the others in the sampler (e.g., Casa Torano and Alec Bradley were my favorites). However, when I later saw that they claim the Beauty is a very limited edition with a MSRP of over $30/stick, I laughed so hard I think I pulled a muscle (better now, thanks).

It seems that a lot of their cigars are "very rare" and outrageously MSRP'd. Oddly, you can easily get these "precious smokes" for about $4 per without much effort. I've concluded that I don't want to smoke Gurkha's cigars...I want to smoke whatever their marketing people are smoking, 'cause that's gotta be some really good $hit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have smoked two. The Colorado exclusive to JR Cigar and the Ghost. Both were good in my opinion. I will post my reviews. As a rule of thumb I avoid them simply because of all bad rap they get and the fact that there is an endless list of cigar brands that are always hitting the ball out of the park with their cigars! But I would have no problems or shame in buying more Colorados or Ghosts.

Their marketing is ridiculous and what they say their sticks are worth is just insane, but finding a few diamonds in the rough among any brand is fun to do in my opinion!

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Hansotia's a DB, their marketing is BS, and I've never enjoyed a single one of their cigars, even when I was a noob and didn't know any better. But that's one man's opinion, smoke what you like and like what you smoke, there are dozens of other makers I enjoy and respect who will get my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gurkha is the JC Penny of Cigars. Everything is ridiculously marked up and then out on sale to make you feel like you got a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk