What's new

Hair product

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Figured I would give this a shot in here. I finally changed up the ol mop on my head, hair was trained for the faux hawk for years and most of the time I never really need much if not any product. Well I have now gone for a side part/pomp (still need to grow it a bit more).

Just wondering if anyone has some pomades or other products they really like to use?

I use to use American Greaser Supply a few years ago and am thinking of ordering up some more again to give a shot. Only thing is I believe this will give me a bit of shine, more of a matte finish guy myself.
Their store.

Currently trying out Joe Groomings stuff and its alright.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've used a bunch of different pomades and always end up back at Murrays. For me it holds just as well as some of the heavys I've used and washes out a lot easier. That and you can pick it up anywhere for under $3.

I'm rockin the side part as well.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I rock a side part/pompadour as well. I use either Suavecito or Johnny B. Ill throw up a pic in that other thread tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Murrays, except it is so sticky that it makes my hair fall it when I comb it in. The local barber has some bottles of their "secret sauce" which works pretty well. I try to stay away from alcohol-based stuff because it always makes my hair too crunchy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Not a fan of shine either...wife is a hair stylist so have her constantly finding new ones for me. But when I find one stick with it for a couple years. Last three have been Aveda men pure-formance clay, woodys clay wax and crew fiber. Depending on how long hair is...each are great. The fiber was my favorite but does not work once you have longer hair.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Sweet, thanks guys.

I was just looking at the Murrays because I heard some others talking about it. I'll have to walk up to Walgreens tonight and grab some.

Yeah still trying to get the side part right, think my girl went a wee bit short for it and with my hair being "trained" to stand up it makes it hard to get it down.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I go with a #1 on top and have the sides tapered. While not exactly like Rupe, I'm in the same boat. No products.

When I grew my hair before, I always struggled with products as my scalp would react negatively to most products. Combine that with wearing a hardhat most of the time and it just wasn't worth it. Let me know if you find something that works and isn't greasy. I may try it once.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
One fingers worth of this stuff works for me. I have fine hair and I don't like the oilyness I get from a lot of other products. I also use Suavacito when I remember to buy it, is like murrays but not greasy and more for people with straight hair.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I was just looking at the Murrays because I heard some others talking about it. I'll have to walk up to Walgreens tonight and grab some.
My biggest questions is how the heck do you get that stuff off your hands after using it?