What's new

Hair product

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I was just looking at the Murrays because I heard some others talking about it. I'll have to walk up to Walgreens tonight and grab some.
My biggest questions is how the heck do you get that stuff off your hands after using it?
That's another reason I use water based stuff.
Lots of soap and water...lol I scrub my hands pretty good after using it, sometimes twice. That's the one thing I don't like about it. I can't stand having my hands greasy.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Never put anything in my hair though every time it curls, I consider it. Is there a product that doesn't stiffen your hair and doesn't look like you've put anything in it?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
whoa, my computer is screwed up... I thought I clicked on my BOTL shortcut link but all I'm seeing is threads about hair gel and cologne!?! :help: :tonguerol

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Never put anything in my hair though every time it curls, I consider it. Is there a product that doesn't stiffen your hair and doesn't look like you've put anything in it?
Any kind of scultping clay. If it says clay or paste it usually doesn't look like anything is in your hair.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Any kind of scultping clay. If it says clay or paste it usually doesn't look like anything is in your hair.

Thanks man

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Thanks man
No problem. Some pomade says matte matte or no shine. Those work too as long as you don't use much.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have an easier time cleaning my hands after erecting the Christmas tree than I do after using Murray's!

Course now that my hair is super thin, it's mind of a moo point. (Like a cow's point. It doesn't matter.)

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Sweet, thanks guys.

I was just looking at the Murrays because I heard some others talking about it. I'll have to walk up to Walgreens tonight and grab some.

Yeah still trying to get the side part right, think my girl went a wee bit short for it and with my hair being "trained" to stand up it makes it hard to get it down.
Ok, dude, if you're buying your hair product at Walgreens, we'll...strike one!

From the way I read your post, your girlfriend, or girl, as you put it, cut your hair, which means she is likely a cosmetologist or hair dresser, and she's LETTING you buy your product at Walgreens...strike two!

Don't get a strike 3!!!

My wife does hair for a living. Lemme know if you need some quality product. I've got it laying on every corner of the bathroom. I'm an American Crew guy myself, but I've got plenty of other stuff lying around too.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ok, dude, if you're buying your hair product at Walgreens, we'll...strike one!

From the way I read your post, your girlfriend, or girl, as you put it, cut your hair, which means she is likely a cosmetologist or hair dresser, and she's LETTING you buy your product at Walgreens...strike two!

Don't get a strike 3!!!

My wife does hair for a living. Lemme know if you need some quality product. I've got it laying on every corner of the bathroom. I'm an American Crew guy myself, but I've got plenty of other stuff lying around too.
Haha I just said "My girl" because my "stylist" is female rather then just calling her that. My wife did go to school for hair but doesn't do it anymore and also had no idea I was talking of going to walgreens haha.

I still haven't made it up there for anything so don't worry ;) I'll be ordering some American greaser stuff soon though.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
So after reading this thread, I got my Murray's out... I asked a buddy about my application technique, and figured where I was going wrong: need a hair dryer. Finally able to achieve this without pulling out a bunch of hair.

uploadfromtaptalk1389897513305.jpg

How do y'all use Murray's?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I'm going bald and I gave up on hair.... I will live vicariously through you guys... Ooooooh... Maybe a toupee is in order. ;)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I'm going bald and I gave up on hair.... I will live vicariously through you guys... Ooooooh... Maybe a toupee is in order. ;)
Or maybe a Merkin? (if you are going to search that, make sure it isn't in public.)
:hammersma:hammersma:hammersma NO! bad westie! o(

also, as someone who has historically never had any luck with hair stuff (mostly because of the blood pressure, caffeine, and nervous motion creating a high body temp and melting anything), i recently discovered jojoba oil. bought it for pre-shave. working on my DE technique, i just happened to decide to slick the hair back after applying to the face. and it held! doesn't really look or feel liike anything, but it actually makes my hair do somehting.

stupid easy for the lazy among us, i use about four drops of oil in the palms for the face, then whatever doesnt absorb into the cheeks and neck gets worked into toweled, damp fair. that's it. also, $11 for a four or five ounce bottle of something you use drops of at a time is not bad on the wallet.

EDIT: dammit, rex already saw it...