What's new

Hard Music

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
So is anyone else into hard music? I listen to a little bit of everything, but love hardcore & metal. I just got God Forbid's new album in today & I can't stop listening to it. I actually know these guys. I've seen them play since long before they were ever signed & they are all from Jersey. All of them are very talented & cool guys to hang out with.
Right now I'm listening to God Forbid, Agnostic Front, Hatebreed, Terror, Madball, & Pantera. I'd like to know if anyone else out there is into the harder side of music.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Used to love that old NYHC stuff(Killing Time, AF, Judge, ect..), but after living above and next door to people who would crank that stuff all day for the last 5-6 years I grew out of it, still listen to a little bit of Pantera, Tool & Slipknot every now an again to get my blood boiling.

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'll occasionally play a few old Slayer tunes when the mood strikes me, but that's about as hard as I get musically anymore.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I'm itching to pick up the new Mastodon. They're going on tour with another group called Kylesa that's pretty good too.

I like a little of everything, gotta have variety!

Always liked/respected Hatebreed - Jaime used to be a part of the scene in Mass when I was growing up... And Pantera still holds the trophy for LOUDEST band I've ever seen! (My ears were ringing for days - and I was at the back of the room!)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's see.....always on rotation in my music library are:

Slayer (new & old)
Lamb of God
Opeth
Children of Bodom
Mastodon (the new album is very much awesome)

Lately I've been listening to the new LoG album the most, it's some seriously good stuff.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was always into Metallica (before the black album), Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Helloween, and such when I was young. I have some Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden on my MP3 player now. Tool is about the only new metal I listen too now, if you can really call that metal.

cigarguy71

BIG JIM
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I like...

Iron Maiden
Tool
Megadeth
Pantera

Just to name a few i dont really care for Slayer and anything that hard core.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I listen to a bunch of metal & hardcore.
Some of my favorites are Neurosis, Hopesfall, Meshuggah, older Opeth, Blood For Blood, Nile, Remembering Never, Thrice, etc.

I played in a death/black/stoner metal band in Boston back in the day.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Some of my favorites are Neurosis, Hopesfall, Meshuggah, older Opeth, Blood For Blood, Nile, Remembering Never, Thrice, etc.

AHHHH Neurosis!!! One of my favorite bands we got to play with(when I was in a band called Mayday), they had so much gear with them the 2 guitar players and bass player had to set up on the floor in front of the stage.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I use to listen to Slayer (probably the hardest thing), Pantera, Iron Maiden, the usual fare....I was more into the punk/HC scene like SlapShot, Judge, Gorilla Biscuits, Shelter, Exploited, GBH, Bad Brains, Ministry, ...stuff like that....Now I primarily listen to bands like Tool, Killers, Wolfmother...and some alternative (older stuff)...I still like all of it and pretty much anything besides new country (can't do that stuff). :crosseyed

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
nope. not for me. my daughter loves it. she's going to LA tomorrow to see Lamb of God,
Children of Bodom, and As I Lay Dying. whatever....

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i've got one cd for the bike that's a little on the harder side, but not like you guys. i keep it to velvet revolver, theory of a dead man, maybe a little saliva and godsmack. for the rest of the trip it's allman bros and stevie ray!

cigarguy71

BIG JIM
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I think this rips.[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J60P9QCrlGQ"]YouTube - Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow[/nomedia]

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Now for me it's mostly Zeppelin, Floyd, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Paul Simon. There isn't a lot of new music I listen to. And the little bit of metal I have on my MP3.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I love my heavy metal. Old and new, I love angry music, Maybe that is why I have anger issues? Maybe?

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I'll occasionally play a few old Slayer tunes when the mood strikes me, but that's about as hard as I get musically anymore.
Slayer is always great! I was just listening to Dead Skin Mask.
I'm itching to pick up the new Mastodon. They're going on tour with another group called Kylesa that's pretty good too.

I like a little of everything, gotta have variety!

Always liked/respected Hatebreed - Jaime used to be a part of the scene in Mass when I was growing up... And Pantera still holds the trophy for LOUDEST band I've ever seen! (My ears were ringing for days - and I was at the back of the room!)
Pantera is still one of the all time best!
Let's see.....always on rotation in my music library are:

Slayer (new & old)
Lamb of God
Opeth
Children of Bodom
Mastodon (the new album is very much awesome)

Lately I've been listening to the new LoG album the most, it's some seriously good stuff.
God Forbid is going to be on tour with Lamb of God soon.
I was always into Metallica (before the black album), Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Helloween, and such when I was young. I have some Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden on my MP3 player now. Tool is about the only new metal I listen too now, if you can really call that metal.
I love old school Metallica. I hate Selloutica.

Hell ya man Blood For Blood is great! I have all of their albums. The only thing I don't like is their association with FSU.