What's new

Hard Music

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Mastodon is the best heavy band to appear in decades. They've drifted from pure metal more to the prog side, successfully so. To my ear, they are Rush for a new generation....
Now let's not exagerate... :smokingbo (sorry, Rush fan here)

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No exaggeration. I'm a big fan of both and can clearly hear similarities. Mastodon even borrowed a Rush lick for one song.
Similarities, I agree. But Rush was not only a display of true ability from all its members each in its own instrument, with a unique style; it also was the foundations to much of what progressive spawned and branched into. Simply put: Rush was not only its music.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm itching to pick up the new Mastodon. They're going on tour with another group called Kylesa that's pretty good too.

I like a little of everything, gotta have variety!

Always liked/respected Hatebreed - Jaime used to be a part of the scene in Mass when I was growing up... And Pantera still holds the trophy for LOUDEST band I've ever seen! (My ears were ringing for days - and I was at the back of the room!)
This may be hard to believe, but the loudest concert I ever heard was a 3 man band called The James Gang in 1970.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
This may be hard to believe, but the loudest concert I ever heard was a 3 man band called The James Gang in 1970.
the start of joe walsh!!! great band.

loudest i was at was in 72 at a robin trower concert. probably because it was held in a converted roller skating rink! couldn't hear for two days! and i wonder why i'm deaf today!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am a fan. Pantera is one of my favorites; being from Dallas didn't hurt that fact. Also like some Stone Sour, Datsuns, Rage Against the Machine, Danzig and old school stuff like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ozzy etc....

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My brother and I just bought tickets the other day to see Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction in Charlotte. Should be AWESOME.

Perhaps the best show I've been to yet though was the Unholy Alliance back in 2006...on the roster that year:

Slayer
Lamb of God
Mastodon
Children of Bodom

Oh yes, third row and my ears wanted to BLEED after that show. Totally worth it though to see Slayer roll out giant upside down crosses made of Marshall amps, haha.
I have seen NIN a few times and they are great. Janes Addiction puts on a decent show as well.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
There are sooooo many bads to list:

Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Biohazard
Deicide
Suicidal Tendencies
Cadaver
Cannibal Corpse
Napalm Death
Pantera
S.O.D.
M.O.D.
Slayer
Tool
Black Sabbath

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What about Clutch, especially old Clutch.

I also have an affection for The Black Dalia Murder (my friend plays bass) they are a national band and scream like hell.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How about telling us some of you current favorites.:jitb:
Alright love the oldschool hardcore Unity, Uniform choice, old straight edge stuff Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, Youth of Today Side By Side..AF, Sick of it all, Killing Time, Rest In Pieces, Insted, No For An Answer , but lately i've been listening to alot of Anthrax, Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Black Sabbath preferably the cd Born Again for some reason i think that is one of their best cd's Ozzy was awsome and so was Dio but Ian Gillian kicks ass on it it just sounds so damn evil ....and i forgot Pantera as well .......:devil:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There are sooooo many bads to list:

Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Biohazard
Deicide
Suicidal Tendencies
Cadaver
Cannibal Corpse
Napalm Death
Pantera
S.O.D.
M.O.D.
Slayer
Tool
Black Sabbath
Yea and alot of those bands as well...........ok all of them shit this is bringing me back luv it !

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Alright love the oldschool hardcore Unity, Uniform choice, old straight edge stuff Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, Youth of Today Side By Side..AF, Sick of it all, Killing Time, Rest In Pieces, Insted, No For An Answer , but lately i've been listening to alot of Anthrax, Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Black Sabbath preferably the cd Born Again for some reason i think that is one of their best cd's Ozzy was awsome and so was Dio but Ian Gillian kicks ass on it it just sounds so damn evil ....and i forgot Pantera as well .......:devil:
That is old school and I grew up on that stuff too, we opened for Killing Time, Judge, and Shelter back-in-the-day at the old Safari Club in DC, good times!!

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
In no particular order
Judas Priest
Ozzy/Black Sabath
Iron Maiden
Kitty (something about a woman belting out some hardcore screams lol)
System of a Down (sugar in particular)
SlipKnot
Mastodon
Lamb of God
Sepultura
Otep (another fem lead)
Mudvayne
Plus sooooooooooo many more lol...too many to list here...got a lot of bands I listen to as "friends" on our myspace page...look for jennifertravaille@hotmail.com if y'all feel so inclined/interested....len