What's new

Headbanger's Ball 1000 Post Contest

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
WOW, I can not believe the day is here already. I have learned so many thing from this board. There are so many people to thank that I would not know where to begin, and yet so much more to learn. This month in particular has been a blast for me. So it is very fitting this will be post #1000. In keeping tradition, I would like to host the Headbanger Ball 1000 Post Contest with just a couple rules:

Rule #1. If you have won a contest before, you are not eligible, please do not guess. Not trying to exclude those people, just want to give to those that have not had the opportunity a better chance to win.

Rule #2. You can make two guesses per calender day.

Rule #3. I need title AND artist to win. If after a day or two go by and no one hits it, I may give clues.

Rule #4. Have fun!

The winner will receive a very nice selection of cigars and may be catered to the winners tastes or likes. So good luck to all and thank you for letting into your world. Now to the question:

What was my very first CD I bought? Title and artist.

Clue # 1 added 5/26 12:30 EST, next clue will not be given until tomorrow. The CD player I played it on might have been the very first Sony Diskman CD player that they made and I had to plug into my boom box unless I used headphones. I also had an adapter that I could plug into the tape player for travel in the car before CD's were an option. The CD was bought before I owned a CD player.

Clue #2 added 5/27 15:40 EST, This Rock album CD insert shows a 1978 date, I believe produced and released in that year. (Duh, like would have been anything but Rock)

Clue #3 added 5/27 12:30 EST, This album has 4 members total and is American based.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Headbanger said:
Rule #1. If you have won a contest before, you are not eligible, please do not guess. Not trying to exclude those people, just want to give to those that have not had the opportunity a better chance to win.
I'm out. :frown:

Cool contest though! :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first guess: metallica-master of puppets

second guess: shout at the devil-motley crue

bruce

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
DAMN, I hope not too many brothers won something. Larry and Jason, your excluded also? I may also change that rule also or simply allow more guesses per day.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've won a couple in my day, give it a little time. Its a good idea.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Congrats on 1k! And thanks for the contest.... let's rule out The Carpenters, Celine Dion, and Captain and Tennille although I can see you grooving to Muskrat Love.

1) Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
2) AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
WOW, great guesses brothers, keep them coming. I own or have owned at one time all but one of those albums (actually cassettes, remember those things and maybe a few on vinyl) but alas, none are correct.

Doc, remove and post another guess my brother for AC/DC, that's only fair.

And G, I did watch the Capt. and Tennille show back in the day. Muskrat Fever was OK, but did dig Love will keep us together. I loved the commercial they made a few years ago too.

brainvictim

Whats going on over here?
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This looks fun. Are you looking for the very first CD or your very first Music Purcahse?

Well, either way, my guesses are:

Pink Floyd - The Wall
The Beatles - White Album

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Brain, for my very first CD bought. As a reference point of time, I'll add a little something. The CD player I played it on might have been the very first Sony Walkman CD that they made and I had to plug into my boom box unless I used headphones. I also had an adapter that I could plug into the tape player for travel in the car before CD's were an option. The CD was bought before I owned a CD player. So that is officially additional clue 1 and will be added to first post.

And Randy, you definitely will not win with those guess. Next chance for you, midnight beotch.

PS, Ironically all the guesses pre-date the CD Walkman I refered to. I am not sure you guys were just really that good at guessing or were just lucky.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
AZsteelman said:
Celine Dion - I drove all night
Carrie Underwood - Jesus take the wheel
You know if you read 'bangers post about these - he said you're not going to win.

That just means these weren't the first CDs he bought.

That doesn't mean he doesn't own them NOW or is listening to them in car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Three jokes:

Horse walks into a bar and the bartender goes, "Hey, why the long face?"

Sandwhich walks into a bar and the bartender goes, "I'm sorry but we don't serve food here."

Celine Dion walks into a bar and the bartender goes, "Hey, why the long face?"