What's new

Headbanger's Ball 1000 Post Contest

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Mitch, Fleetwood Mac is a band, no album, so does not count.

Here's Johnny, Don't think I own any BOC and Hagar maybe one album. I do not think he had anything out in 1978.

Johnny7, My earlier clue today mentioned American bands? Who are these guys?

Ice Hog, you were SO close earlier bro. Not sure why you guessed VH II over VH I, but at least you did hit the right band.

Doc, I had KISS on cassettes, not CD's sorry brother, I know you tried really hard. I could not comment on your Van Halen guess earlier for Eruption. I am sorry, that is a song from Van Halen I and is on the very first CD I bought, but could not be accepted.

Geoffrie, YOUR THE WINNER !!!

My very first CD bought was in fact Van Halen I, Van Halen Van Halen which ever you want to call it. This album to me was unreal with Eddie wailing on his guitar and Eruption blew me away. I knew I had to hear that song along with all the others on that new technology before I could afford the player. Remember when that CD diskman came out, I was probably 13 years old or 14.The songs are: Running With The Devil, Eruption, You Really Got Me, Ain't Talking 'Bout Love, I'm The One, Jamie's Crying, Atomic Punk, Feel Your Love Tonight, Little Dreamer, Ice Cream Man and On Fire.

PM to you G. Congratulations to Geoffrie and thank you all for the jokes and guesses.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I feel for you brother. Eruption was song two. Nothing but Eddie Van Halen guitar solo for about two minutes was the main reason I bought it. Even a better try Doc if you do not know that music type.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Headbanger said:
I feel for you brother. Eruption was song two. Nothing but Eddie Van Halen guitar solo for about two minutes was the main reason I bought it. Even a better try Doc if you do not know that music type.
It's all good, I really did enjoy learning about this stuff. When I looked up 1978 heavy metal the first thing that came up was Van Halen-Eruption. I should have known it wasn't an album but a song when it didn't show up on a long list of 1978 album releases. Oh well next time. :peace:

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
WooHoo!

Finally won something. Always a bridesmaid ... never a ....

So the first was Van Halen ... what was the second ... BeeGees, Air Supply, Kenny G?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
geoffrie said:
WooHoo!

Finally won something. Always a bridesmaid ... never a ....

So the first was Van Halen ... what was the second ... BeeGees, Air Supply, Kenny G?
ROFLMAO! air supply...bwaaaahhhaaa...What about Abba?

brainvictim

Whats going on over here?
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Congrats geoffrie.

This was a fun contest. I enjoyed going through my collection, and my friends, and seeing albums I have not heard in a while.