What's new

Healthy Snack Food Ideas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you!

I found that using loads of herbs really helps make "light and healthy" food a lot better tasting. I.e. with boiled veggies, in a low fat dip etc.

Curd cheese with a pack of frozen herbs and some yogurt to make it creamy is a great dip.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Good idea, I am getting enough fruits but not enough raw veggies per the gym. I try raw carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower with light ranch dressing sometimes. We eat salads most dinners now, yummy.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Anything Kashi......a cup of granola, trail mix granola bar, etc...

I also like to snack on 2 slices of wheat toast, w/natural peanut butter. Hard boiled eggs are also great. I do without the yolks, as they're packed w/cholesterol.

Jeffrey L.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Good idea, I am getting enough fruits but not enough raw veggies per the gym. I try raw carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower with light ranch dressing sometimes. We eat salads most dinners now, yummy.
Steve, we make our own hummus. If you like hummus, it is the perfect complement to raw vegetables. You can season your hummus to your liking so that the vegetables do not become "boring". It is healthy and filling while making lots of raw vegetables a more palatable choice.