What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
David, what's the best way of drying out the beads? I've been using a hairdryer but the beads go everywhere if they're not in the stocking. I saw that, well I forget who wrote it, someone put their kitty litter into the oven at 350 or something and that dried it out. What's your prefered method?
Also, when I used the hair dryer, I put the beads into a cigar box that was just lying around. What's going on when all the beads don't turn completely white? That mean that humidity doesn't want to come out? They get cloudy white, for the ones that don't go completely white, but not stark white. Normal?

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
thebigo said:
David, what's the best way of drying out the beads? I've been using a hairdryer but the beads go everywhere if they're not in the stocking. I saw that, well I forget who wrote it, someone put their kitty litter into the oven at 350 or something and that dried it out. What's your prefered method?
Also, when I used the hair dryer, I put the beads into a cigar box that was just lying around. What's going on when all the beads don't turn completely white? That mean that humidity doesn't want to come out? They get cloudy white, for the ones that don't go completely white, but not stark white. Normal?
The oven method works well but I don't set the oven any higher than 200 degrees. Don't want to have any chance of the water boiling. The hair dryer takes a while but does work but I prefer the oven. The color of the beads will vary while they are drying out but all will ultimately turn bright white when they have given up all their moisture.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I might have to pick some of those holders up... Right now they are just sitting in a tupperwear containor but it is working....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
tobby4 said:
I might have to pick some of those holders up... Right now they are just sitting in a tupperwear containor but it is working....
The containers with the red ends work great. I need a nice aluminum one for my desktop. I emailed David in regards to just selling the aluminum container, if you already have your beads.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I generally do not sell the aluminum humis empty. If you really want one and already have the beads I guess we can work something out.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Viper139 said:
I generally do not sell the aluminum humis empty. If you really want one and already have the beads I guess we can work something out.
Email sent :smokingme

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone tried the exquisicat kitty litter beads? they work identical to the heartfelt beads, except they are about 10 for 20 lbs. they are in my humis for about 4 months now and i stay rock solid at 65%. if you havent tried them, try em thay work like a charm.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Kitty Litter VS. Heartfelt beads. Been discussed many times. Not the same product. Can you "train" the kitty litter to perform like the Heartfelt product? some say yes, some say no. I say no, maybe yes in perfect conditions. Heartfelt gets my vote.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Still loving my beads. They work great in Jersey in the summer for pulling out the extra RH.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Beads are great. I also love the bead box replacements for that crap they put in the hdesk humis. My office humi has never been so stable.