What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my goods from Heartfelt Beads. David was great to work with, especially when it came to answering my questions (I had plenty of them).

It's nice to know that a newbie like myself can get all the help he needs from members of this forum and people like David.

Thanks,
Ron

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks for the kind words.

As my wife will attest, I am a BOTL first and a business man second. Love to talk cigars and stuff.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Brothers,
I want to say Heartfelt really is the BOMB:yes: ..
I ordered some beads, a digi-hygro and a Bovida kit late late late Friday night, and I be darned if they were not there when I got home from work Monday!
SO I GIVE THEM A HUGE MONSTER:thumbsup: :clap:
I will go there now and buy more stuff!! and I mean right now!!
THANK YOU TO THE HEARTFELT GANG! Peace..

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Can u retrofit the credos, etc to work with the beads
I took the foam out of the rectanglar one and used a small screen to cover the holes in my rectangular one. The rest of mine are tied up in panty hose balls, no I did not steal my wife's, I bought new ones.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Can the beads be stored while in use in a Spanish Cedar container? I thought David told me once that they couldn't, but I'm not sure if that's true or if I was dreaming. Not dreaming about David you pervs, just dreaming!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
What size and color?
Since I like em a little bigger I got a Queen size in sheer black. Damn My beads look sexy.

Yes Wade They seem to work fine In all my humis, as long as the wood is seasoned, I don't see why they would not work. Of course a dry box would just suck up all the moisture in the beads.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Since I like em a little bigger I got a Queen size in sheer black. Damn My beads look sexy.

Yes Wade They seem to work fine In all my humis, as long as the wood is seasoned, I don't see why they would not work. Of course a dry box would just suck up all the moisture in the beads.
How difficult is it to see / tell if the beads are getting too dry?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can cigars be placed in contact with the Heartfelt tubes like with a Humistat tube? Or does it need to be "shielded" from contact with the cigars?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I thought I recall him saying that the oils from the cedar would clog up the pores of the beads. I'd really like to hear the definitive answer on this on.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
How difficult is it to see / tell if the beads are getting too dry?
I would not be able to see just by looking. I do have to pick up the beads and streach it to see, but bLack just seemed like it would look better in the corner of the humi. I guess I'm just a "black goes with anything" kind of guy.

I thought I recall him saying that the oils from the cedar would clog up the pores of the beads. I'd really like to hear the definitive answer on this on.
Me too, I didn't hear about that possibility. If they did absorb the oils, and took years for the beads to "clog" then I think i'm fine, but if they clog in a matter of months, I would be bummed.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Can the beads be stored while in use in a Spanish Cedar container? I thought David told me once that they couldn't, but I'm not sure if that's true or if I was dreaming. Not dreaming about David you pervs, just dreaming!
I would not. If the beads sit in the wood container they will absorb the oils from the wood. It will reduce the storage capacity of the beads for distilled water, it is not a huge amount but it does have an effect.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Can cigars be placed in contact with the Heartfelt tubes like with a Humistat tube? Or does it need to be "shielded" from contact with the cigars?
The cigars can touch the perforated tubes without any effect on the cigar. Just make sure that the tube itself is dry when you re-hydrate the tube before putting it back in the humidor.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sorry for the slow responses, I had a packed house for Thanksgiving and this is the first time I have been able to sit and browse.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I must be the only person who cannot tell if their beads are hydrated or not. I purchased a 4oz tube of 70% beads and followed the instructions by spraying distilled water on the tube while slowly turning it. Due to the non-opaque plastic of the tube, I can't see the color of the beads - much less what percentage of them are clear or white. The beads and tube look the same after being sprayed as they did before. Am I missing something here. Thanks in advance for any assistance.