What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the beads for a couple of days now and, again from an unbiased user, they clearly work better than anything else I've tried: the crappy included foam non-Credo-credo; Humidistat tube; Madelaine's crystal gel puck/credo.

I'm farily impressed... A stable, solid, reliable 70%, no matter how many times I open the thing!

I can't wait to put them in my new 120 cigar humidor (coming today!!!)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my order of beads today!:grin:
One question, If they're all clear(no dry beads) will they still release that moisture or does it have to be taken in by the white ones?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
For best results, they should be about 75% clear (wet) to allow them to absorb excess moisture if there is any in the air or cigars as new ones come in over humidified often. Will not effect the RH % they are set at from how I know beads to be. Over-saturation of beads can cause other problems like that milky white issue someone had posted here this week. I'm not being smart here, but follow the directions that are in the site as to how much water to use. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added the 2 tsp. but I am looking at the tube and it looks like they're about 90% clear, it may just be the way they look in the tubde or something. I think I'll dry them and add water again more carefully this time. I was just wandering if they'd release that excess moisture on their own in time whether there were white beads to soak it up or not...

Thanks

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Your good Brian, let them do their thing and release the RH into their environment. Unless your ambient RH levels are much over what RH % the beads are, you will be just fine what you did.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Brian, just want to make sure you are using distilled water.

Also, throw the beads in the tupperdor and leave it alone for a few days. Then see what the RH is.

Do you have a good hygro?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brian, just want to make sure you are using distilled water.

Also, throw the beads in the tupperdor and leave it alone for a few days. Then see what the RH is.

Do you have a good hygro?
Yea I'll leave it alone for a couple of days and see what the beads look like then.
Only hygro is in my Humidor(analog,off by about 18...junk!) I need to get a digital hygrometer, haven't gotten around to it. Will soon though.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have updated the first post with some things I have learned over the years.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
My question may have already been addressed - sorry if I missed this in a previous post / other thread. Since the beads come in 60%, 65%, and 70%, what do you do if you like to keep your smokes between 65% and 70%? I usually keep mine around 67% - they seem to smoke and taste the best here. Any thoughts?

Why does it seem like this is a stupid question to ask...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
What Todd said.

Unfortunately with the beads, you are stuck at the percentage that you buy. You can't say mix the 65 and the 70s to get 67%.

I use the 65% and find they smoke great there as well.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
maybe this is a dumb question, but how long should I expect the beads to work? indefinitely? or a year or two...

just curious, mine should be here friday I hope

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I've never heard an exact time frame but they will last years. I think it also depends on if they split from getting water put on them or if you add water gradually.

I'm sure David will chime in soon enough.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The beads themselves have an indefinate life span. The only reason they will go bad is if they absorb contaminates. This is the main reason to use distilled water since it is essentially comtaminate free.