What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
The 70% beads will maintain the rh at 70% and the 65% beads will absorb the moisture trying to bring the rh down. When the 70% beads finally dry out the rh will drop to 65% and stay there until the 65% beads dry out then the rh will start to drop.

David
Thanks David, I appreciate it.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don't have the Heatfelt beads, but rather the Cigarimony ones.
I got 8 ounces of 65% beads for a small (75-100 cigar) humidor.

I had previously been trying to use the beads to humidify a wine fridge and was unable to get the humidity up past the low 50's.
Now that I have my humidor it looks like the same thing is happening.

I calibrated by hygrometer using the salt method and it was right on.

Any ideas?

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't have the Heatfelt beads, but rather the Cigarimony ones.
I got 8 ounces of 65% beads for a small (75-100 cigar) humidor.

I had previously been trying to use the beads to humidify a wine fridge and was unable to get the humidity up past the low 50's.
Now that I have my humidor it looks like the same thing is happening.

I calibrated by hygrometer using the salt method and it was right on.

Any ideas?
Alot of people like the salt test for their hygrometers but I personally do not. There are too many variables in the salt test and it is easy to mess it up. I would recommend that you get a Boveda Calibration Kit and verify the accuracy of you hygrometer(s). Until you know for sure what they are telling you it is hard to for sure what is going on in your humidor.

David

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

I hope you are well.

I have read through most of the 14 pages and I do not think I saw it. So maybe this is a silly question.

Is there some kind of schedule you could do with the beads? I am thinking like spray them every 30 days or something along those lines? Or will this vary wildly depending on various things like size of area, amount of cigars, number of boxes, how much cedar and other things?

I just like to be able to schedule things if possible.

Best regards, tony

GarlicBelch

John Martinez
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there some kind of schedule you could do with the beads? I am thinking like spray them every 30 days or something along those lines? Or will this vary wildly depending on various things like size of area, amount of cigars, number of boxes, how much cedar and other things?
Hello Tony,

I run beads in my humidors and I give them a good dousing about every 3-4 weeks. I do maybe about 50% of the beads with a little sprayer.

My humidor never goes down below about 65% and never above 70% (these are 70% RH beads)...
:chat:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
My vino beads were sprayed sometime around Feb so maybe by Nov? Lots of cedar and full stock equals happy stable vinos.:blush:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anybody ever use the Bead sheets to collect condensation from their wineadors? I am customizing the sheets to fit in the slope of the water run off.......always tinkering ;)

Bart

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Anybody ever use the Bead sheets to collect condensation from their wineadors? I am customizing the sheets to fit in the slope of the water run off.......always tinkering ;)

Bart
Yes, I have read quite a few people have done this. A concern raised though is that the water collected isn't distilled and that water would fill the air from the beads instead of distilled water.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I literally just got my 28-bottle wineador today (!!!!) and am still undecided about plugging the drain.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes, I have read quite a few people have done this. A concern raised though is that the water collected isn't distilled and that water would fill the air from the beads instead of distilled water.
Good point.........but for those that have the binder sleave for the condensation run off that drain into their beads in a bowl/tray, what is the difference? The condensation onto the bead sheets or a bowl of beads is the same thing.......I think :)

My concern would be mold if you left it there for years but if you change it out a couple of times a year you should be fine I am thinking

Bart

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, question time.

I recently purchased a half pound of Heartfelt beads for both of my humidors, along with 4- 1 ounce tubes and 1 4 ounce tube.

Long story short, I've been having to add distilled water about once a week to the 1 ounce tubes. I crack open my humidor and the majority of the beads are dry. Additionally, the humidity dropped from 67% to 62%. This has happened 3 times now.

Do I need to re-season my humidor? Were the 200-odd cigars a little drier and are they soaking up the excess? Any ideas?

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am putting my beads into the mesh bag. To hydrate/rehydrate do i just leave them in the bag or do i need to remove them from the bag. Thanks in advance.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Alright, question time.

I recently purchased a half pound of Heartfelt beads for both of my humidors, along with 4- 1 ounce tubes and 1 4 ounce tube.

Long story short, I've been having to add distilled water about once a week to the 1 ounce tubes. I crack open my humidor and the majority of the beads are dry. Additionally, the humidity dropped from 67% to 62%. This has happened 3 times now.

Do I need to re-season my humidor? Were the 200-odd cigars a little drier and are they soaking up the excess? Any ideas?
If the humidor and all the cigars in it were on the dry side the beads will go through a lot of distilled water until the cigars and Spanish Cedar get up to the proper rh. Re-seasoning the humidor may help but I would just be patient, it will stabilize and the consumption of distilled water will slow down.

Just in case make sure the lid has a good seal so the moisture is not just going out that way.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have a 28 bottle winador with a pound and a half of 65% beads. however, the hydrometer (brand new and recently calibrated) continually reads between 70-73%. Would the best thing to do be adding more cigars or should i dry out the beads a bit? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a 28 bottle winador with a pound and a half of 65% beads. however, the hydrometer (brand new and recently calibrated) continually reads between 70-73%. Would the best thing to do be adding more cigars or should i dry out the beads a bit? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
It's always a good thing to add more cigars!
Try drying out the beads a little though. I find they work best for me when they are about 50/50 wet and dry.