What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm having issues like a few others where my 65% beads are acting like 70% beads. I wish I could resolve this but I can't seem to get a hold of Heartfelt after several emails and phone calls. They must be on vacation.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Is it just me, or does anyone else think there was a SNAFU at the Heartfelt factory recently? There have been A LOT of posts recently about 65% beads keeping a 70% RH.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Is it just me, or does anyone else think there was a SNAFU at the Heartfelt factory recently? There have been A LOT of posts recently about 65% beads keeping a 70% RH.
^ well, I was wondering if my 60% were mislabeled and really 65%. Now that I see others have had issues too, I'm really wondering!

Screw-ups happen, not a huge deal. I'd like to get it sorted, though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issues with the beads holding humidity MUCH higher than advertised. I followed the direction to the letter. Not having any luck with Heartfelt responding to my emails. Have any of you resolved your issues? Has anyone heard anything else about the beads. Obviously been a few months since someone added to this thread. Thanks in advance.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
He finally responded to my repeated emails, and I did what he said and that did not resolve the issue. I told him I thought I had either gotten a bad batch or 65% by mistake instead of the 60% I had ordered. He never responded ... That was months ago.

I really don't know what to say. I don't want to speak ill of another brother, but a lot of people are having issues it seems, and there is almost no communication being received.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did he suggest you try that didn't work? Do you still use them? Do they at least stay consistant at 65 or are they all over the place?
Thanks for the reply.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
For what it's worth, I have the 65% beads... At 62-68 degrees Fahrenheit, they remain rock solid at 65, with the occasional 1-2 % deviance... I just ordered more beads and some empty tubes to add more... I've found that the more beads you add, the more stability you achieve.

It did, however, take me a month or two to get to this rock solid state... Everything had to "settle", I guess.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to contact Heartfelt over some unrelated product questions... I just don't get replies to my email. Doesn't matter, since I don't have any problems, but it's a little irksome.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to contact Heartfelt over some unrelated product questions... I just don't get replies to my email. Doesn't matter, since I don't have any problems, but it's a little irksome.
Sorry I did not see your email...please give it another try and I will respond.
David

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I am very soory that folks seem to be having a hard time getting in touch with me. All I can ask is that you give it another try, I'll do my best to answer or get back to you asap.

David

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Not a question, but just wanted to mention that I ordered some more beads for my new humi thanks to how much I like heartfelt from my first purchase. I was really impressed that my confirmation email was signed "David" instead of the generic company name. Keep up the great work man!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about if u want to remove the beads from ur humidor to allow rh to drop how should u dry them? Just leave them sitting out, put em in a container or what? Want let my rh drop because since adding my cigars to my new humidor the rh has stuck at 72% and has been like that for a little over a week now.

The beads r 65% but doesn't seem like they r absorbing access moisture. I know the rh I'm at now isn't terrible but if it stays that high into the spring n summer it may be an issue with how humid it gets here. So I'm wanting to drop it to 65 or so then reintroduce the beads to let them hold at 65% which will allow A variance in warmer months I just don't know how I should dry the beads without introducing contaminants such as mold and what not from the atmosphere in the house we r in, it's a very old house

Any tips would be appreciated

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Grim, a few things we need to know before we can help. When did you last calibrate your hygrometer? Before you start messing with things you really need to make sure that the readings you are getting are accurate. This is a must.

Next thing, what do the beads look like? Are they mostly clear? You are looking for about 75% clear, 25% white. Maybe closer to 50%/50% if the hygro is reading correctly. Of course if they aren't mostly clear, it would again call into question your hygro readings.

If things are mostly clear, there are a few things you can do to dry things out, but knowing the above information would help in giving further advice.

Beyond those things, it does take quite a bit of time for things to even out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hygrometer is accurate. both of the ones I used are digital and I actual tested the one in there 2 days ago with the boveda calibrating bag. The pack said 75.5 the hygro read 75 after 2 days and is reading 72 in the humidor has been for more than a week

I tried to make sure I didnt over saturate the beads but using the syringe I got with the beads they look white as can be after drizzling a little distilled water so I added a little more until bout a little more than half were clear but after a day in there i looked and it's about 80% clear 20% white. I guess it absorbed access water that was in the disk once it settled.

Just want to make sure when i dry the beads out I do it as sanitary as possible