What's new

Heaters For Winter Cigar Smoking

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I think this will be the most important cigar/pipe related purchase I've made for the year! An outdoor propane heater. No more freezing my balls off while smoking a toro sized cigar!

I have the same unit. Got mine at Home Depot. Im still on my first 20gal tank. What I really like about it is that you can use only one heating element if needed. Ill be firing mine up tomorrow am and enjoying some coffee and cigar.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
http://www.harborfreight.com/30000-btu-tank-top-propane-heater-67856-4912.html?utm_referrer=direct/not provided&utm_referrer=direct/not provided

Then get a 20% off coupon from the newspaper.

One of the best cigar accessories I've ever bought. Gave this to brother in law for Christmas
Just got back from the store w/mine. Typical HF quality, but after 10 minutes of tightening and tune-up greasing all the electrical connections and replacing the plastic knob for attaching to the tank with a standard hex bolt I'm quite confident I'll be toasty while smoking this winter.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just got back from the store w/mine. Typical HF quality, but after 10 minutes of tightening and tune-up greasing all the electrical connections and replacing the plastic knob for attaching to the tank with a standard hex bolt I'm quite confident I'll be toasty while smoking this winter.
Uh huh... Toasty warm... Very explosive propane near a heat source, sounds like a recipe for disaster... If we don't hear from you for a couple of days, we will keep an eye on the news. Something that epic would make national right?

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Uh huh... Toasty warm... Very explosive propane near a heat source, sounds like a recipe for disaster... If we don't hear from you for a couple of days, we will keep an eye on the news. Something that epic would make national right?
Lol, probably would, but I've tightened all the connections, and done a soap check for leaks, the tank is in a wide base stand to prevent tipping, and it's never lit unattended; so I don't think I'll be making the news anytime soon. I've used propane heaters before. When used properly and with the appropriate care it's no more dangerous than a turkey fryer or a gas grill.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yeah. I like the price of the HF one, but the quality of their stuff sitting on top of a propane tank kind of concerns me.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Yeah. I like the price of the HF one, but the quality of their stuff sitting on top of a propane tank kind of concerns me.
Yeah, I hear ya. I always look at their stuff with a grain of salt. I opened it up in the store and IMHO a little tightening and clean up was good on this one. It is a relatively simple design, not a generator or a power tool. If you interested I would suggest you dithe same, take a look and judge for yourself.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I bought my tank today from BJs...first propane tank I've owned (my grill runs on natural gas). Flimsy plastic valve screw handle,and a bullshit gauge... After using heavy duty propane, acetylene, MAP gas, and oxygen cylinders at work, I'm ready to toss this when it's empty and get a real tank and regulator from a welding gas supply store.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Be careful with grease/oil near gas tank fittings. Very bad combination...