What's new

Hello from Vermont

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now I am getting excited, I found an experienced humidor on eBay for a great price. It arrived today and I am working on getting it seasoned. While I wait, I ordered my first 3 cigars to sample. Hopefully my humidor will be ready when they arrive.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the obsession. That humidor is gorgeous, but trust, in no time you will need more space. I thought my 250 count Whynter cabinet would be plenty of space when I started getting serious about storing..... 7 months later and I'm starting to consider setting up an igloo humidor too.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I am in Concord
No way! There is a pretty big cigar event that is going on in the Conway area later this month (April 28th). You have to have an official "paper" invite that gets mailed to you in order to get in. Tons of cigars to try, some craft beers on tap, and all the BBQ you can eat and it only costs $20 at the door. Luckily, work has me in Portland, ME during that time so I'm going to drive up to the event.

I'll PM you for the details.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Welcome from north Jersey! Go the Tupperware route. Definitely the Sistema will work out well but you can use anything with a tight seal (just make sure to open it weekly once you get cigars in there to circulate the air) and grab a 4 or 12 pack of 65% RH Boveda packs to start. I would suggest trying everything you find that interests you honestly. Take notes like others have stated and keep trying different kinds (wrappers, blends, origins i.e., Nicaraguan, Honduran, Dominican and Cuban if you can get your hands on any ;) etc.). Most suggest starting milder, but as a former smoker you may enjoy something a little stronger and be fine with it. Try a bunch from across the spectrum and see where you fall as far as preference. There are a lot of great sites as well, shop around for prices, read some reviews (on the site itself and on actual review sites/forums), find flavors that peak your interest and try those first. Don't disregard anything before you try it and know for sure.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
No way! There is a pretty big cigar event that is going on in the Conway area later this month (April 28th). You have to have an official "paper" invite that gets mailed to you in order to get in. Tons of cigars to try, some craft beers on tap, and all the BBQ you can eat and it only costs $20 at the door. Luckily, work has me in Portland, ME during that time so I'm going to drive up to the event.

I'll PM you for the details.
That sounds awesome! Little too far to drive from AZ, though.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Welcome from Alaska! Take the advice the others have given already “you are going to need more storage”. I started here 3 months ago and I just bought a cooler because I ran out of room! I also have two empty humidors in my closet because they are just too much work. Tupperware is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Buy a little of everything, they said....
It’ll be the only way you know what you like, they said......

This was current situation a few months back and it’s only gotten bigger. Chicago winters don’t help as I only smoke outside and occasionally at a lounge.

Yes, all 3 humidors are full and that’s why I personally would recommend getting a bigger humidor now. The desktops are nice, but you’ll be out of storage space in no time. If you’re not worried about how it looks... Tupperware is where it’s at. Inexpensive to get, simple to get started (wash it out get that plastic smell out), and add your boveda packs(or whatever humidification you prefer) and you’re good to go... you can get a big box, have a lot of storage, and never have to worry about it. It honestly has been the best thing I have used. I just don’t like the way it looks. Only concern is temp on my end and I’m not sure if that’s something you are concerned with. However, the only place I’m “allowed” to keep my sticks gets hot all the time.

I hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk