What's new

Here goes nothing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are doing extremely well. Pros train for 12 hours a day for 9 months on one single vitola before they roll one good enough for a paying customer. I've rolled 6000+ over 4 years and am still totally clueless.
I've watched a lot of your videos, you roll some pretty amazing looking cigars.

This is probably one of those things that you'll never stop learning something new. Which is good for me. I need something that's not work related that I can focus on and take my mind off work. I think I found it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today's update.

Decided to take a gamble and try a blend I've been thinking about nonstop and hope I can roll them well enough.

Better than yesterday. More firm. Draw seems a bit tighter, though not desirable. They sat rolled in newspaper strips for about 30 mins while I watched some wrapping videos. I left the shaggy foot intentionally. I need to work on flags and caps, one step at a time.

I am having a hard time getting them tighter tho. It seems that when I try to roll it tight, the binder rips. Any tricks to getting them tighter and getting a better draw?

Anyway, Corojo Seco, Corojo viso, and criollo ligero, Sumatra binder and an Ecuador maduro Wrapper. 20180809_183325.jpeg20180809_183337.jpeg20180809_183345.jpeg20180809_183350.jpeg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Today's update.

Decided to take a gamble and try a blend I've been thinking about nonstop and hope I can roll them well enough.

Better than yesterday. More firm. Draw seems a bit tighter, though not desirable. They sat rolled in newspaper strips for about 30 mins while I watched some wrapping videos. I left the shaggy foot intentionally. I need to work on flags and caps, one step at a time.

I am having a hard time getting them tighter tho. It seems that when I try to roll it tight, the binder rips. Any tricks to getting them tighter and getting a better draw?

Anyway, Corojo Seco, Corojo viso, and criollo ligero, Sumatra binder and an Ecuador maduro Wrapper. View attachment 118947View attachment 118948View attachment 118949View attachment 118950

Those look way better since last night!

Stupid Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Today's update.

Anyway, Corojo Seco, Corojo viso, and criollo ligero, Sumatra binder and an Ecuador maduro Wrapper. View attachment 118947View attachment 118948View attachment 118949View attachment 118950

Case your binder more, let it soak in overnight.

Plus, I'll be that guy and say a mold helps with that draw (provided you roll the correct size for the given mold)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't know how damp/dry your filler was while bunching, but when I started, I spritzed the filler leaves as well as the binder and wrapper. I don't do that anymore.
When I sprayed the filler leaves, the draw would be too tight until weeks later when it finally dried through to the center. At that point, it also felt firmer.
Now I don't spray my filler unless its breaking when I try to fold it (some ligeros seem to get that way). The draw stays good right off the table and they don't last long enough to ever firm up.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Fusion555 posted a video in this thread showing a method of bunching I've never seen before. Instead of the tubo or the fan-fold method, he simply folded the flat bunch in half and rolled from there. It looks like it would work well. There should be a good draw and it very easy to get the stronger, slowing burning leaves in the center of the cigar by having them on the top of the pile before folding.
Has anyone else used this method?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Book method
Fusion555 posted a video in this thread showing a method of bunching I've never seen before. Instead of the tubo or the fan-fold method, he simply folded the flat bunch in half and rolled from there. It looks like it would work well. There should be a good draw and it very easy to get the stronger, slowing burning leaves in the center of the cigar by having them on the top of the pile before folding.
Has anyone else used this method?
Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk