What's new

Here goes nothing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the first time I met Pepin Garcia was at a rolling event.
His roller had "blanks" waiting for wrapper, these were rolled up in newspaper, the ends of which were twisted to hold things tight.
Anybody use this method?
This is done in a couple cases. 1) Entertainment roller (weddings, golf course, whatever, like Pepin Garcia was doing) where you need your bunches to dry for a few weeks. Then at the show you wrap them in moderately dry wrapper leaf and after a few minutes they're ready to smoke with a good, even burn. The paper keeps them in ship-shape (otherwise they tend to expand and soften) and helps wick off moisture, too. 2) Let's say you only have one 50-gauge mold but you wanna mold 50 bunches before you start wrapping (again, could be because you're doing an event, or you're waiting for wrapper, or you're not in a wrapping mood); so you pop them out of the mold, wrap them with paper, and that frees up the slots for more bunches. This is what I did when I did a webcam mini-event of me wrapping 50 coronas but only had one corona mold. I molded and paper-wrapped 50 bunches on day one, wrapped properly on day two.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
got it.the few cigars I rolled were never in a mold, but smoked well, just were not cosmetically pretty.
I used newspaper to form them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Sp33d3rific
What sizes you thinking? Mold or paper/free hand at first?
To start Robusto or Toro to start. Some of my favorites are anywhere between 52 and 56rg. Length I'm not concerned about. As long as it's got the length to enjoy for a while.

I am addicted to torpedoes and belicosos. Eventually I want to roll tapered heads. Baby steps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
To start Robusto or Toro to start. Some of my favorites are anywhere between 52 and 56rg. Length I'm not concerned about. As long as it's got the length to enjoy for a while.

I am addicted to torpedoes and belicosos. Eventually I want to roll tapered heads. Baby steps.

Do you have any molds yet or just gonna free hand them?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I won a lancerero mold on a blind bid from cbid. I was going to either hold onto for man cave decor or see if anyone wants to trade for something else.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll freehand them until I can get the appropriate molds

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which one of y'all called my Sgt. and told him to get me in the annual Taser recert class tomorrow which requires me to have Thursday off?

I can now play with my new tobacco and MIGHT be able to get some rolled.

Talk about coincidences.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get some trash bags, your spritz bottle with distilled water, and start prepping!
I wasn't expecting to get it today. I need to run out and grab a cutting board and a pizza cutter. I'm certain I would be served with divorce papers if my wife came home and saw me using her stuff.

Im out the door now. Once I get back I'll get to prepping.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've read that wlt tobacco already comes pretty much prepped and in the proper case. I haven't opened the leaves yet, but if they are you think I stand a pretty good chance of smoking one tonight?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've read that wlt tobacco already comes pretty much prepped and in the proper case. I haven't opened the leaves yet, but if they are you think I stand a pretty good chance of smoking one tonight?

The filler is good to go, your binder and wrapper will need to be cased. You can smoke them right off the table as long as you don't over case your leaf, but they will be better if you wait. I suggest smoking one right off the table to compare to one that has rested so you fully understand.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The filler is good to go, your binder and wrapper will need to be cased. You can smoke them right off the table as long as you don't over case your leaf, but they will be better if you wait. I suggest smoking one right off the table to compare to one that has rested so you fully understand.
Sounds good. There will be lots of photos taken and probably questions asked tonight and into tomorrow.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For my “right off the table” smokes:
I dry them in a 110 degree oven for 5-8 minutes. Put the cigar in the freezer for 5 minutes. Then I microwave it for 8-9 seconds and BLOW the steam out. Then back in the freezer 4-5 minutes to cool.

I use the freezer because it’s dry air there.

Usually, this will dry an otherwise too wet to smoke cigar fast. I’m impatient with a new blend.

Otherwise I leave it dry 2 days so it’s not too wet. Even drying in open air 2 days I microwave and blow out the steam so it’s not too wet. Let it cool in the freezer or refrigerator a few minutes.

It’s a process that’s never failed me for a new roll.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish y'all could have seen this so you could laugh at me.

The one outside of the paper, I ended up double binding. I did this with 3 total before I figured out I need something to hold the binder to pull it tight.

I wrapped that one, only to find out the Wrapper ripped near the foot, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to finish the cap. This thing is NOT going to smoke.

Got three more to wrap. I'll keep yall posted.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, there's all 4.

My goal was 4, and I did it. I destroyed some wrappers, and they're ugly.

Jokes aside, I got some work to do. They are quite soft. And I feel like the draw is going to be EXTREMELY loose. Time to have a drink and watch some videos to figure this out.