What's new

Highly rated cigars that you don't care for?

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The one liga 9 that I had did nothing for me but the one T52 I had was great. I've seen a lot of people raving about Partagas Blacks and they too did nothing for me. I think the Blacks and the 9 might have similar flavor profiles becuase they both left the same impression on me. All dark flavors and kinda hollow. I will probably try another liga 9 but not the blacks.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I second all three of these, and add the RP Decade, Opus X, and Padron 1964 Anny. All were good, but not great, and nowhere near deserving of their CA rating or price IMO.
Man, you're all over some of my favorites there. :)

Opus I've been mixed on. The PL and the #5 didn't do anything for me. The Super Beli, and the X were amazing. Not sure if it was differences in the blend, or age, or just the mood I was in when I smoked 'em.

-Charles

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Well I dont care for Tatuaje, Don Pepin, Padilla or Padron:ccool:
Considering you smoke primarily Cuban Cigars, and you just listed 4 brands of primarily Nicaraguan cigars, this does not surprise me. I am not running all over the place for Tat's but they aren't bad. DPG is a fav of mine, though some more than others, and I will be happy if I could smoke a Padron every day for the rest of my life. Of course I like Cuban cigars as well, bt they are just a different profile. I have a neighbor, who only smokes Rocky Patel and CI samplers. I gave him a RASS and he said it was not any good. (dick) But he has only smoked RP and really has no need to change. I believe you have smoked almost all Cuban stuff until you got sent a ton of killer NC stuff. Even then your pallet is geared toward the Cuban blends. In no way is this a dig at you. Just a crazy rationalization of different smokes for different folks.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Intesting...Boy that sure covers a lot of models. Have you tried them all? I can't image.
No I have not but i think i have tryed about 15 tatuaje sticks and 10 Don Pepin. about 10 Padilla and about 20 Padrons.
Thing is I I always look for balance in a cigar, for example the tatuaje red tubos....it was boring imho and just couldnt keep me intrested in the cigar. For that kind of money you can get some amazing kubans that will give you so much in return.
Also most of the padrons I have smoked has been a black pepper ride. I dont think it is hard to make a cigar that is dominated by pepper! That is why I keep trying and trying and every time pepper, pepper, pepper!
I smoke pretty much only kubans but I do have a bunch of sticks that I really like that are nc, God Of Fire is imo amazing, sure it peaks very fast and I wouldnt age them but this is a 94-95 cigar for me. Cabiguan is also a very good and CAO Brazilia, America, Italia, MX2, LX2 are always good to smoke. My new favorite is Oliva V Figurado. I also do enjoy the Diamond Crown Maximus cigars and Perdomo is also great smokes. In my world there is nothing better than aged kubans, they will leave you speachless.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Considering you smoke primarily Cuban Cigars, and you just listed 4 brands of primarily Nicaraguan cigars, this does not surprise me. I am not running all over the place for Tat's but they aren't bad. DPG is a fav of mine, though some more than others, and I will be happy if I could smoke a Padron every day for the rest of my life. Of course I like Cuban cigars as well, bt they are just a different profile. I have a neighbor, who only smokes Rocky Patel and CI samplers. I gave him a RASS and he said it was not any good. (dick) But he has only smoked RP and really has no need to change. I believe you have smoked almost all Cuban stuff until you got sent a ton of killer NC stuff. Even then your pallet is geared toward the Cuban blends. In no way is this a dig at you. Just a crazy rationalization of different smokes for different folks.
I think you are right, I mean we learn to like and not like and as you said different people like different smokes. Had a LFD Lancero tonight...really good.:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Coronado by La Flor tasted like a wet sock to me.
I am not really impressed by much La Flor stuff even though people swear up and down they are excellent.
All the non-guapo Cabaiguans are lacking something too.
I didn't like the Regios Reserva either....
Anejo was a let-down

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asthon VSG

I had it during the super bowl so I may have not dedicated as much attention to it as I should have but it didnt really wow me.

It was the only one I had so I'm hesitant to buy another.