What's new

Highly rated cigars that you don't care for?

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything Rocky
LP #9
most of Don Pepin
Anything Perdomo
Casa Magna
Pete sticks except Brown Label
EP Carrillo, maybe Inaugural is just ok
Anything with a 60 ring gauge

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Nosotros

Also tried revisiting a CAO MX2 a few months ago. I put it out after about 10min and it still left a horrible taste in my mouth for 2 days.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Alec Bradleys have been a let down. The Tempus line sampler was my first purchase of a single brand of cigars (besides mixed samplers) and I was so excited and proud of having this top 10 cigar and how pretty they looked. Total let down.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Alec Bradleys have been a let down. The Tempus line sampler was my first purchase of a single brand of cigars (besides mixed samplers) and I was so excited and proud of having this top 10 cigar and how pretty they looked. Total let down.
You need to start smoking some ccs!!!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For me it has to be most of the Davidoffs ive tried. Something about that Davidoff flavor profile just doesnt sit right with me.
I'm with you on this one. Overpriced too. I've tried them a couple times but it just never does anything for me.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Most RP stuff (though Amilcar Perez Castro seems to be doing some neat stuff with him now - I really liked Vudu).

Not too huge on the LP No. 9, but the No. 9 Flying Pig is phenomenal.

And while I have certainly had some stellar CC's, I find the country's reputation for cigars a little overinflated.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Illusione.

I like the Epernay, cruzado, nosotros.... just not the "regular' illusione!
The only Illusione i do like is the HL Maduro.... go figure, Dion had to make a stick in a maduro for me to like it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but Opus don't really blow my mind. For all the hype they get, I would take a Guapo maduro any day.

I've heard a lot of people say/agree that Opus need five years of rest in order to hit their "sweet spot" which seems crazy to me. You shouldn't have to purchase one of the most expensive lines of cigars and let it sit for years before it would be considered awesome.

I also don't care for Gurkhas or Rocky Patel products (excluding the Edge Lite for some reason).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Agree with Ben on the Stradivarius being the most overrated/overpriced. Also agree with many on Opus (not that I don't like them, but not for that price point and they still need age).

All Cohiba NC's (not much of a stretch there)
All Rockys
LADC EE
Casa Magnas
Alec Bradley

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tat Boris...just didnt do it for me. Gave all mine away to a friend. Also the EP Carrillos

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know I am opening a can of worms with this one but I am surprised that I did not see any CC RE or LE on anyones list. I do not smoke many CCs however I have found that to me the newer REs and LEs are nothing special compared to the traditional lineup. Of course that leaves more for the rest of you. My first CC LE was a Partagas Serie D I think #3 or 4 from 01/02. I was gifted this while in Qatar and it was the best CC I have ever had. I have had A few of the Bolivar REs among others that just fell flat to me.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I know I am opening a can of worms with this one but I am surprised that I did not see any CC RE or LE on anyones list. I do not smoke many CCs however I have found that to me the newer REs and LEs are nothing special compared to the traditional lineup. Of course that leaves more for the rest of you. My first CC LE was a Partagas Serie D I think #3 or 4 from 01/02. I was gifted this while in Qatar and it was the best CC I have ever had. I have had A few of the Bolivar REs among others that just fell flat to me.

Nah, don't worry, I'm on board with ya.

Partagas Serie D No. 4 is the second best CC I've ever had (first being Monte No. 4).

For me, CC's are good (and some are phenomenal) but If I had to choose between the smorgasbord of blends available in NC's, or only smoking CC's for the rest of my life, the decision is an easy one.