What's new

Hill Billy Herf # 4 (April 22nd - 24th)

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
While Packing and unloading I found 2 folding lawn chairs, @ar2381 one is urs the Miami one ....., and then there is a Red one , looks new...LMK

Did anyone leave or lose anything else???? Shoot me a PM
Thanks again Guys for a Epic Herf...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
First off, I wanted to thank @mdwest and everyone who helped pitch in to provide me the opportunity of attending HBH4. I had a hell of a time (in the good way lol). I also wanted to thank @BradMc for the planning, organizing, and providing a damn good time for everyone. Don't forget the two main hands in the kitchen, if it wasn't for @Dustinspo and @javajunkie , we would've been eating at Cracker Barrel for every meal lol. Honestly though, the guys prepped awesome meals and wanted to make sure their work was very much appreciated! This weekend was a blast, first time meeting all of you, first time in TN and in the Smokies. I plan to attend HBH5 in the coming year, and I hope to see you all again gents!

Photos taken during the trip:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
been meaning to post this earlier, just wanted to echo what everyone else has already said. it was truly

great meeting everyone. this was my first HBH but it definitely won't be my last.

---

@BradMc - thanks for organizing this awesome herf, hope to make it out for years to come

@javajunkie - enjoyed talking whisky and i'll have to check out that tennessee moonshine

@Dustinspo - thanks for feeding the masses and for the simple yet delicious corn recipe

@BenS - diy baconator/craftstoutmaker, both were fantastic

@Highlander - believe it or not, i actually started using that corn shucking technique you showed us, works

pretty good

@bostoneo - thanks for the lfds and thanks for sharing the mead (honey wine)

@King Kill 33 - thanks for the cc, appreciate it brother, didn't realize you were such a huge coffee drinker

@manbearpig - loves cat facts, send him some, he can't get enough of them

@hakoomay - combine colossus, juggernaut and sabretooth together and you have H

@navyvet - props to you for making the drive out just to hang out for a few hours

@xjsnake - terrified of snakes, knives and guns, loves rainbows and unicorns though

@Mossome - hillarious how you manage to drop epic one liners out of no where

@Lapithicus - good talking shop with you for a bit, hope the fish were biting for you when you met up with

your buddies

@ar2381 - its a trip talking to you alan, you never know where the conversation will go

@Madcox - well "gosh dang it" it was great meeting you and Caleb, hope to see him on BOTL in the future

@Tennessee Dave - holds high school record of 4 touchdowns in one game, fact!

---

And of course, the chicago crew:

@tadpole , @3/5King , @dscl , @Joevikes , @fourkicksfan , @Romulus Cogswell

wouldn't be the same, without you guys.

---

see everyone next year!

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1461788457754.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461788463451.jpg
my attempt @Dustinspo HBH corn recipe:

ingredients:
- corn
- @BenS bacon
- green pepper
- ginger
- chicken stock

1. cook bacon then drain
2. add ginger, corn and green pepper
3. add chicken stock
4. cook for about 12 mins or until corn starts to brown

made this last night, hopefully I didn't screw it up too much, so simple but delicious

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
View attachment 80652View attachment 80653
my attempt @Dustinspo HBH corn recipe:

ingredients:
- corn
- @BenS bacon
- green pepper
- ginger
- chicken stock

1. cook bacon then drain
2. add ginger, corn and green pepper
3. add chicken stock
4. cook for about 12 mins or until corn starts to brown

made this last night, hopefully I didn't screw it up too much, so simple but delicious
That was so delicious. I must have had three helpings. Never would have thought about adding ginger. That must be the secret.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
That was so delicious. I must have had three helpings. Never would have thought about adding ginger. That must be the secret.
same here, i counted up to three mississippi then went back for more. and before i left, i made sure to get the recipe. i don't know what that stuff was on top of the waffles, but that was bomb too.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
short and sweet...
there isnt much i can say that hasnt already been said.
it was great to match real faces to handles/screen names. it was a pleasure to meet each and every one of you guys (there are too many to name, and they have all been pointed out already, so i wont regurgitate). the cigars were just a reason to get together, but the brotherhood is what transcends the hobby. Thank you, everyone, for hanging out, sharing smokes and life stories, and for all the laughs! it was truly an Audio version of the BOTL Chat room.

To those that were not able to make it out...you missed a great time.

most importantly... you missed the sneak preview of Operation Esteli 2016!

#MicDrop

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I was not there (Maybe next year), but I am genuinely interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the Meads that @bostoneo shared.
Reason: I made them
Reason #2: Trying to get better, but without input, all I have is my own opinion
definitely come out next year, you'll have a blast.

as for the meads, i only tried three samples and unfortunatley, i don't remember the names of them. maybe @bostoneo remembers, but here's what i remember

---

honey flavored one was sweet but not overly sweet, this one was my favorite

another one i tried i remember having a similar profile to a cabernet sauvignon, this is what i'm use to drinking so this one takes the #2 spot for me

and the last one was a bit more on the tart side and a bit drier like a merlot

---

all the ones i tried were great, keep it up brother.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I was not there (Maybe next year), but I am genuinely interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the Meads that @bostoneo shared.
Reason: I made them
Reason #2: Trying to get better, but without input, all I have is my own opinion

We took a sip, spat it out, and poured the rest on the ground. Ha!

The mead was really good. They had great flavors, with each being distinctly different from the others. You could barely taste any of the alcohol. To me, they were along the lines of a dessert wine.

I wish I could give a better review, but we had one after the other, not knowing we would be burning through them so quickly. I don't even remember the order in which we had them. In fact, @FullyArmedFISD and I were thinking of hitting you up for some. I would like to be able to take notes and review them properly.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
If it helps, here is some general info on each:
- Mo Bhanrigh (Gaelic for "My Queen") - Made with grapes. Aged in secondary with raspberries, cocoa, vanilla, and whiskey soaked oak chips
- Hood Rat (my favorite cocktail is a manhattan) - Made with cherries, earl grey tea, orange peel, and sweet vermouth. Aged in a 5 gallon whiskey barrel for 3 weeks
- Aint Got Time to Bleed - Made with copious amounts of blood oranges & Honey Tangerines
- Shoot Me In A Dream - Made with grapes (cabernet & Zinfandel) a small % of black currants too
- Shoot Me In A Dream - Same as above, but aged with rye whiskey soaked oak chips