What's new

Holt's Humidors?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
It looks like they should have closed it all the way before taking the picture. OH WAIT maybe it is closed and that's just a huge gap between the lid and the humi. I understand wanting to save the funds, but having gone that route through Ebay, you will get what you pay for. You might try ebay for a good used humi, but the new ones that look like a great deal seem to leak.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
..i. I understand wanting to save the funds, but having gone that route through Ebay, you will get what you pay for. You might try ebay for a good used humi, but the new ones that look like a great deal seem to leak.
I agree that you generally get what you pay for. However, Holt's customer service is excellent, so I would be inclined to give it a shot. I was thinking about doing that, myself.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
As stated above, Holts customer service is top notch. Not to mention, use the key and it'll shut tight. Even if not, for $25 you can find a way to make it seal.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Even if does not seal well could be used as a drybox or like Wade says can find ways to make them seal up. Holt's has one of THE best customer service you will find in the industry.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I was thinkin' of pickin' up a couple of these to use as internal storage for my cabinet humi..... like to know what the dimensions are though.....

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Takes up a LOT of room doing this. Sticking with dress boxes or cabinets still should be your best option for storage of your sticks in the wine cooler IMO.
I was wondering about this. Sent an email to Holts to get the dimensions of the Matte Cherry 'dore. Got a response within 1/2 hour. The outside dimensions are Large - 13 1/2" L x 9 5/16" W x 6 1/4" H for the 100 ct size. They said they'd get back to me with the inside dimensions.

For $25, I can't imagine that the box walls are all that thick.....

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Takes up a LOT of room doing this. Sticking with dress boxes or cabinets still should be your best option for storage of your sticks in the wine cooler IMO.
I would agree, except that I have a 30 bottle wine cooler and a ton of singles and will have plenty of empty room. I would acctually like to buy some cedar trays to set on the shelves, that way my singles are easily viewd and not stacked in side small cigar boxes. As most of my collection does not repeat itself since I have bought a bunch of samplers. Where can I buy the cedar trays?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Nice, Thank you. I also see that Cigarmony had them , but none are listed. I would like to support the sponsors if possible. If he doesn't have them, I'll hit up the link you gave. Thanks Steve